Nekkid Butts

Guest nuri

i have had nuri for almost a year now. he came to me with a bare butt, bare chest/neck, and a bare belly. within the first few months, his chest hair filled in as did one of his butt cheeks. his belly has filled up a bit, but looks like my childhood whippet who never had tummy hair. i have tried fish oil, with little change. i love his bare butt, i'm just wondering if some of the other puppers out there still have nekkid butts after years off of the track?

Guest BlackandBrindle

Spud and Sadie are still mostly nekkid in the butt. We've had Spud for four years (next Dec) and Sadie for three years (next January).

They've filled in, and slowly it seems that they are getting a bit fuzzier. I attribute what hair growth there has been to the Grizzly Salmon oil. Love that stuff!

Joshy is still very naked in the butt :P

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest myIrishlass

I had a long-term foster whose butt stayed mostly nekkid, but eventually looked like he had a comb-over back there.

Guest DoofBert

Some do, some don't...canine alopecsia also affects the little Italian Greyhounds. It was funny to see out shiney hiney boy Bert next to little Iggy, also black. also with a shiney hiney!

Bert's baldness did improve with a change in his kibble (venison and beef cause what hubby calls bum fluff!)

Guest ArtysPeople

Arty is partially nekkid, but his fur and skin are white so it doesn't show nearly as much as on darker dogs. About six months ago, we were in a pet store and I notice the boy in line in front of us walk around behind Arty, checking him out. The kid then runs back to his mom and says, "Momma, that one has fur on its butt!" :rotfl I guess someone in his life has some nekkid greys!

Guest kydie

Shiney hiney has improved here, we now have bum fluff, I feel it has improved, not gone, but improved from adding omaga fatty acid to his food 2 times a day

Toby's been off the track for a year and a half and still has a bald butt and belly. We love his eggplant colored bald butt and belly!! :heart

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

phew. good to know! his nekkid butt has a nice summer tan (despite sunscreen!) now...and he doesn't seem to mind it one bit!!! thanks everyone!

Carl has a bare boot, but it's starting to fill in since he has been on Soloxine as he is hypothyroid. The funny thing is that his left boot cheek is getting very very fuzzy, but the right boot cheek is still very bare! He doesn't lay on one side more than the other...just one of his many "unique" features!

Claire had a very fuzzy boot when she came here in Feb., then she blew her winter coat and had a half bare boot, now that's starting to fill in. I'm guessing she will have a very furry boot this winter!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest RocketDog

both of mine have been on the track for over a year and a half, and they're bald as can be. Necks, bellies, thighs. Their bloodwork is within normal ranges and they are in great condition, and since it doesn't seem to bug them I write it off as cosmetic.

My Teddy has a nekkid butt and chest and probably always will!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

My little southern Magnolia, Isabella, has had a bare bottom and belly for as long as we have had her. Her trainer, Debbie, said she has always been that way. Her belly skin is soooo soft.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest tumeria33

Isis had a bare butt and belly too when we first got her. It has improved some just recently. Her belly has filled in a little and her butt now has hair on it- not thick, but better. Her coat is softer and glossy now too. I think the food we feed her has helped.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Frank's nakey butt and belly has filled in some since he was started on thyroind meds; but it isn't completely covered. I'd say he has about 50 percent more hair. I have had him for 7 years and he had more hair as a youngster, but not a lot. My other grey, Chelsa, has a furry white butt with little swirls, it's so cute!

Guest Scouts_mom

My princess, Tia, came to me at 18 months old with a bare bum and a bare tummy. She will be 14 in September and still has them! Yes, a little fur has filled in, but not much.

I wonder if other dog breed owners would understand how we can easily fill up two pages of posts talking about nekkid butts and how cute they are?

{Can't figure out how to insert a rolling on the floor laughing smiley -- but it would go right here if it could :) }

Jane