Takoda

mangos_mom

Oh, no! Kate, I'm so, so sorry. Just a few months ago, I was marvelling at how beautiful Mango and Takoda looked at Gettysburg. And now they are together, and your heart is broken. It's doubly hard that he was so young, and really wasn't sick very long. Please know that we are thinking of you with much sympathy, and sharing your sadness.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Takoda.

Thanks, QWM. Mango was just beginning to fail on that trip, but was still full of fire, and Takoda did really well, except for one rough spot. I'm so happy I had the chance to make that trip with both of them. Part of the joy of those trips back East is that I get to be with my dogs 24/7. All me, all them, all the time. There is no other way I want to spend a vacation right now. This year's trip left me with some wonderful memories that I will carry with me always now...

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Each one is like a little hug and even little hugs help ease the pain in my heart right now. You can't know how much that means to me right now.

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, this is awful! I am so sorry your time with Takoda was so short. I know that Mango was waiting for him and they are having a blast! You are in my prayers. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest greytloves

Oh Kate, :grouphug I can't believe what I read. Sweet fuzzy boy. Wow. I'm just so very sorry. That picture is just from a few weeks ago at Unleashed, right? Nothing would have indicated that he was so very ill. Bless his little heart.

Oh God- so young!

I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh Kate, :grouphug I can't believe what I read. Sweet fuzzy boy. Wow. I'm just so very sorry. That picture is just from a few weeks ago at Unleashed, right? Nothing would have indicated that he was so very ill. Bless his little heart.

Yep - the picture is from Unleashed. He's always had problems with throwing up and big D - this recent bout I thought was part grief, part stress because I'd begun bringing fosters in to cat-test again. None of the doctors he's seen ever associated anything he was doing with something nasty growing inside him.

You always called him "perpetual puppy face". He truly will be perpetual puppy face now...

Oh, how I wish that I could see him at the Bridge right now this minute, if even for just a moment, because I always wanted to see how he would be when he was "whole" - truly healthy, never abused or damaged in anyway. He was wonderful, even damaged as he was. He must be incredible now.

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Guest jade1046

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your sweet baby. Godspeed Takoda - go find my Felicia and run like the wind ... :gh_run2:f_white

I'm so sorry for your loss. He was taken much too young.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Oh, no. I am soooooo sorry.

I met you and both Mango and Takoda at GIG this year and they were so sweet. I'm sorry that you have lost both of them so close together. Hugs to you.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I'm so sorry. Run free sweet boy.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17