Beau Is Limping And I Feel Sick

With all his other issues, now Beau is limping on a leg (right front) that he has had no issues with in the past. He had the trauma (???) to the right left front in March, he has the swelling of the joints that sometimes causes him to become lame in the back left which is also the leg that had major ortho surgery 2 years ago, but this is a leg that was "clean".

We did have a whole set of x-rays done when he was under anethesia for the 1001th time in March. From his chest to his toes... just in case. It was clean, but I have learned that that doesn't necessarily mean anything 3 months later.

There is a very limited amount we can do because of the pred (which is lowered to 10 mg from 50) and the imuran which is now every other day.

Just praying that he stepped wrong, because this dog has already been through in 5 short years way too much for any soul at any age.

Beau's mommy, Polli died from cancer and so did one of his littermate brothers at the age of 2 acccording to the track.

Once again, please keep Beau Beau in your thoughts and prayers.

DSC_0280-1.jpg

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers that it's one big nothing, Robin.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest GentleHugs

Awwww....Beau looks exactly like my boy Patrick! So handsome! :wub:

I'll some prayers for your Beau and hope that he just stepped wrong.

Praying that gorgeous Beau will be just fine.

:hope

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest Energy11

Beau is a handsome boy for sure! Praying it is just nothing, too! I KNOW it is hard, but, don't worry until you have to, so please, dont' worry. Just give it a few days, etc., and go from there.

Hugs! Dee and The Five. :grouphug:goodluck:getwell:candle:hope

Could he be overcompensating on that leg due to his other issues?

Hope it's nothing serious. Will be sending you tons of good thoughts.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Prayers said for Beau!

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

You got it... prayers and healing light to Beau.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.