Something's Wrong With Thane

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X-rays and ultrasound (maybe there is a close-by vet yours can refer to, who can do it quickly?) ASAP.

Blood tests often won't show cancer. Batman's blood tests were perfect.

Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Had few sips of water, tablespoon of kibble mushed with water and yogurt. Peed, solid poop. Vet called and our plan is to xray him on Monday. Even our local e-vet is limited and the big e-vet is over an hour away. Thane is very stressed in the car so I won't go there...today. The one ultrasound tech works at the big e-vet but has to be called in if she's even in the area. My vet just got digital xray that is superior to the very old xray machine at the local e-vet.

He is a little perkier than yesterday, still moving slowly. No panting. Not as tender in the belly. He has smiled and wagged his tail weakly.

He hasn't wanted any more kibble or water, but he did eat some burpdog crumbs and broth.

Unless he looks to be in distress, we can make it to Monday. Any changes and we will act.

Thank you all for your prayers and concern. I was really freaking out last night.

Diane, I think we did a TBD panel but I'll have to check his records.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest monasmom

Hi Ducky,

I am just seeing this--any updates on Thane baby? I hope it turns out to be something easy to fix and not too $$$...

Hugs, Laura

Guest Energy11
Had few sips of water, tablespoon of kibble mushed with water and yogurt. Peed, solid poop. Vet called and our plan is to xray him on Monday. Even our local e-vet is limited and the big e-vet is over an hour away. Thane is very stressed in the car so I won't go there...today. The one ultrasound tech works at the big e-vet but has to be called in if she's even in the area. My vet just got digital xray that is superior to the very old xray machine at the local e-vet.

He is a little perkier than yesterday, still moving slowly. No panting. Not as tender in the belly. He has smiled and wagged his tail weakly.

He hasn't wanted any more kibble or water, but he did eat some burpdog crumbs and broth.

Unless he looks to be in distress, we can make it to Monday. Any changes and we will act.

Thank you all for your prayers and concern. I was really freaking out last night.

Ducky... hang in there and keep us posted. Let me know if there is anything I can help with. I think I gave you my personal email, right? Hugs! DEE

Guest IrskasMom

Was looking for an Update ,how Thane is doing today ? Slightly better ? Sending some more Hugs and Prayers for Mom

and that Boy :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Guest arlosmom

Ducky, I just got back from PetsMart, this sounds like a good plan to me. Hopefully, he won't change to any worse before Monday. It is way too hot for car rides today. I almost got King too hot on the way home. Call me if you need to. I will be home except to take King for his Kineatics at 4:30.

I only fixed him half of his usual dinner and added broth and he ate it all. He went out and pooped (firm) and while he didn't run in like he usually does, he did walk faster. He greeted daddy at the door - something he hasn't done in days. Definite improvements. If he can at least stay this way we'll do OK. Vet check on Monday.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest VirginiaGreys

With the pee and poo okay...is there a chance that he got spooked when you didn't know ...and fell off the bed or something...enough to hit the belly and bruise it? :dunno...maybe it's not inside ...but outside. With a darker hound you can't see bruises as easily? Maybe the heat is just too much. We have the AC on but have floor fans that are on to blow the cool air around...maybe put one on him and put ice in the drinking water?

I hope Thane is feeling better soon!