Something's Wrong With Thane

No bumps, no bruises, no explanation for whatever started this. BUT...this evening it's as if someone flipped a switch. He ate more, came out of hiding more, definitely more light in his eyes. Last night I thought for sure we'd have to put him down today. Vet just called back again and still wants to do xray on Monday. Since all he's had for treatment was phazyme and pepcid he wants to make sure there was no early signs of bloat or spleen torsion.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news for handsome Thane, he'll be ready for the celebration Wednesday!!

Maybe he just really had a bad gas pocket.

Please let us know what the vet has to say

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Sounds like there's definite improvement! Hopefully he'll feel right as rain Monday.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Great news for handsome Thane, he'll be ready for the celebration Wednesday!!

Maybe he just really had a bad gas pocket.

Please let us know what the vet has to say

Hey Claudia, slacker mom here got his birthday wrong...it's Tuesday June 23rd and he'll be 10.

DH would like to report that Thane just ripped the nastiest stinky fart, and this from a boy who hasn't farted since he's been with us. DH says if that's Thane's Father's Day gift to him, he'll take it!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

what a greyt way to say Happy Fathers day!!!! I am so glad to see that he is feeling better!!!!

Ditto what Holly said.

Hope he has continued improvement.......keep an air freshner handy :lol

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Thane, buddy Keep giving Daddy those greyt presents and getting better. We are thinking of you and we told you Mommy at Mountain Hound how much we LOVE your Mickey ears photos.

Love Amy and Maddie

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Thane's ailment remains a mystery. Nothing on xray, nothing in bloodwork that included TBD. Vet thought it might be a spinal sprain and sent him home with carprofen. I didn't get to talk to my regular vet but will see him Wednesday when I'll also pick up a copy of the bloodwork results.

Fortunately his xrays were done without sedation and I'll post them later.

Poor Thane didn't eat but a wee bit of food, lots of water, but is definitely happy to be home. He needs to rest p for his birthday tomorrow.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest arlosmom

Glad nothing showed up on the xray, but I guess that means more searching. Maybe it is just the heat. Hopefully, what your vet prescribed will help, and if it does it may be the spinal trouble he suspects. That would be much better and managable as opposed to the dreaded big C. You all have a happy birthday tomorrow. We alls will roo for you and Thane. :)

Thane

I talked to your Mommy about you today buddy and she and I are both worried about you. Please get better buddy, as you are turning the big 1 0. that means double digits and a big party. Will wear your Mickey ears for me?

Get better and rest up and eat something for your Mommy and Daddy, if not for them then for me ok buddy.... please!

lubs aunt amy and Maddie

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Photographic evidence of Thane's fart factory:

162_10008495_3_s0.jpg

As an xray tech I really liked looking at the images taken of Thane today. As his mom, I wish he didn't have to get these done. At least they didn't have to sedate him.

Oh, I not only see farts, I see future poop too. :P

Please excuse my odd sense of humor. After thinking he wouldn't make it through the weekend, I need to decompress a bit.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Energy11

Ducky... I HOPE your boy, Thane, improves! I have nothing to add to all of this ... I am baffled, but CONCERNED, none-the-less. MY advice ... take it day by day, like I do with Curfew... ALL you CAN do! Love and hugs! DEE

162_10008495_3_s0.jpg

As an xray tech I really liked looking at the images taken of Thane today. As his mom, I wish he didn't have to get these done. At least they didn't have to sedate him.

Please excuse my odd sense of humor. After thinking he wouldn't make it through the weekend, I need to decompress a bit.

I am NOT a vet, but I CAN read x-rays .... all looks pretty normal to me.

Ducky... I HOPE your boy, Thane, improves! I have nothing to add to all of this ... I am baffled, but CONCERNED, none-the-less. MY advice ... take it day by day, like I do with Curfew... ALL you CAN do! Love and hugs! DEE

162_10008495_3_s0.jpg

I am NOT a vet, but I CAN read x-rays .... all looks pretty normal to me.

On another image I can see his microchip!

Upper left side, white "dash" under the skin:

162_10008495_2_s0.jpg

Edited by macoduck

tiny hada siggy.png

Ducky is he eating? Will he at least eat rice?

Ducky is he eating? Will he at least eat rice?

He didn't want breakfast this morning, even though he had to be fasting. I fixed a small meal after he'd been home a while. I'd say he ate only 1/3 cup of kibble/yogurt/broth.

His small amount of poop was small, gooey, but formed.

He's been hanging out in his back bedroom hideaway (normal), but lifts his head and wags his tail each time I go to check on him.

The next time the vet and I can get together to talk about this (rather than 2nd hand from one of the other vets) is Wednesday.

Amy, can you handle a re-run mouse ears picture if he doesn't feel like wearing them on his birthday tomorrow?

tiny hada siggy.png

Did you ever run a full thyroid panel?? They can get really lethargic, gain weight in odd places and have a lack of appetite.

Sometimes it's just a matter of not really being able to put your finger on it but, you know they just aren't "right".

Did you ever run a full thyroid panel?? They can get really lethargic, gain weight in odd places and have a lack of appetite.

Sometimes it's just a matter of not really being able to put your finger on it but, you know they just aren't "right".

Yup, did the big thyroid panel just a few months ago- normal.

tiny hada siggy.png