Anyone Out There Had Experiences With 1 800 Pet Meds?

Guest GentleHugs

Guest GentleHugs

My little girl LuLu has pannus and has been on eye drops for it since she was diagnosed 1 1/2 years ago. We've tried decreasing her eye drops down since she's been on meds for over a year but no luck. The pannus flares back up again. It looks like she will continue to take her current dosage of 2 drops per eye twice a day indefinitely. She's on Prednisolone Acetate Ophthalmic suspension 1% - 15 ml bottle made by Falcon pharmaceuticals.

Anyway, I purchase her eye drops from my vet but unfortunately my vet had to raise his prices on her meds from $20 per bottle to $32 per bottle. I found the eye drops on 1 800 pet meds (same size of bottle for $22.49 plus sh). Does anyone out there had experiences (good or bad) with 1 800 pet meds when ordering/purchasing a prescription med from them? Are they reliable? Any back orders or out of stock to deal with? Once the prescription has been verified by your vet, do you receive it in the allotted time that you pay for or is it late getting to you? Is the med you receive the same quality as you would get from your vet? I know 1 800 pet meds state a 100% guarantee on their website but in these days and times - one has to be more careful now plus it's her eyesight we're dealing with. B)

Thanks in advance from LuLu and I.

For Hobbes my vet had me order a non-flavored heartguard from them as she didn't carry it at the office and would be less expensive at 1 800 Pet Meds. They were very easy to deal with and sent the medication with a cookie in the box. I have since used them for other items.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest GentleHugs
We just used them for the first time ~ Advantix. No problems and yes Asher enjoyed the treat they added to the box.

Cool.... except for the treat.

LuLu LOVES to eat everything in sight - treats, bugs, toilet tissue - you name it. I'd hate to find out she ate the treat AND her eye drops when it arrived! :huh

Last year, we were really hoping we could start decreasing on her meds but it didn't work out. Every time we tried, the pannus would flare up. So..... my vet said to just keep her on her 2 drops per eye twice a day and that will probably be her dosage for the rest of her life. Her pannus isn't as bad as I've seen in other dogs but we caught it immediately when it started. We don't want it to reach to a point where her vision is badly impaired so we both agreed on 2 drops per eye twice a day and she has to wear her doggles if she's outside in the sun for longer than 10 minutes. Her sunbathing days are over now unless she wears her doggles. B)

Guest Energy11

Goldie has Pannus, too. I use NPD drops and Optimmune cream (also very expensive), but lasts longer the the drops you mentioned.

I have never used 1-800 PETMEDs, but I have heard good things!

Guest GentleHugs
Goldie has Pannus, too. I use NPD drops and Optimmune cream (also very expensive), but lasts longer the the drops you mentioned.

I have never used 1-800 PETMEDs, but I have heard good things!

I'll have to ask my vet about the cream and see what he says. We know the key is to manage the pannus and keep it from getting worse. I'm pleased with the meds she's on and I don't have a problem with giving her the eye drops twice a day. She will even remind me if I forget. She will stand there and tilt her little head up for her drops, too. She knows they make her eyes feel better I guess. The film that's over her eyes is a very light film and very hard to see unless you shine a light in her eyes. Her left eye is a little worse than her right eye but it doesn't slow her down in seeing a squirrel, bird or anything else! Poor baby.... I can just imagine what its like seeing through a cloudy film all the time. My eye sight isn't all that good either.

She's got other health problems, too, but none warrant meds yet - just supportive care.

We used them a lot for our kidney cat for enteric dialysis pills that needed refrigeration. Pills always arrived on time, shipped in a small cooler with a freezer pack. Less expensive than the vet. Only good things to say about their service and product.

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

Guest GentleHugs

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I did some checking around online this morning and it seems like 1800pet meds will be the company I will go with for now. Although I did find it cheaper through another online company, it's considered a temperature sensitive prescription and would require overnight shipping from them. Well, that just brought the price up over what I'm paying now so that company is out.

I spoke to my vet again this morning. He said he would sign the prescription form for whatever company I choose and asked if it was 1800petmeds I was considering. I said yes, that was one company and his comment was ok - I've had other clients use them and was pleased. He said anytime he can help his clients save a few bucks without compromising the health of his patients - he's all for it. He's been my vet for 9 years now for all of my Greyhound kids. He's a good vet, down to earth and treats all of my kids very well. When it was time to let Heisman go, he came out to the house for us. Afterwards, he cried along with us. Heisman was one of his favorite patients. :cry1 I like vets who don't have a very big clinic. They treat you more like family.

So, it looks like I'm off to order LuLu's eye drops before she starts pouting. :P

Thanks again everyone. Appreciate it.

Guest snakes

i have never had a problem with 1800petmeds. EntirelyPets is good also if you need a backup (not sure if they would carry the eye drops), i get my frontline and heartguard form them, a little cheaper than 1800. Also, do a quick websearch for pet med coupons, i can usually find a coupon code that at least gets me free shipping or 5-10%off which si about the shipping cost!

I have been ordering from 1880petmeds for a couple of years. Never had a problem. When I need a refill they verify with my pet. Never had a back order and the turn around time is very quick. I have only ordered Soloxine but I would think they would be consistent with every order. My vet is the one that recommended them.

Edited by brandimom

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Most of the prescriptions I get are from Omaha Vaccine Company (www.omahavaccine.com) or entirelypets.com because their pricing is MUCH better than 1800PedMeds.

My Vet will NOT give me prescriptions if I am going to use 1800PetMeds. For some reason, he doesn't like them.

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

Never used them, but have had very good luck with entirelypets.com - not sure if they carry it, however.

We buy our Metacam in bulk bottles from entirelypets.com.

We order our stuff from 1800 and never had a problem, infact I think their customer service is pretty good.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest GentleHugs

Well, I ordered her eye drops today from 1800petmeds. They should arrive either Monday or Tuesday. I narrowed it down to 2 companies - 1800 and entirelypets. Entirelypets was a dollar cheaper on her eye drops - they had it on sale. Regular pricing was $27 something though without shipping. Since I wasn't for sure how long their sale was going to be on for :unsure I went with 1800. 1800 does price matching also so I emailed customer service right after I ordered and when I got confirmation of payment and shipment, they price matched the sale price from EntirelyPets. I was happy because even though I used expedited shipping with 1800 - it still ended up being cheaper that what I was paying for them at my vets. I didn't have to get my big ol' butt up, pay for gas (which is going up again) and take a short road trip to the vets. :P

It's nice to know that if needed - I could get them from EntirelyPets or just bite the bullet and get them from my vet. So, I have 2 back ups instead of one! :D

I checked Omaha Vaccine and they don't carry her eye drops. I also checked with Drs Foster and Smith. They carry the other brand called Pharma and I usually get the Falcon brand. I really don't care for the eye dropper tip on the Pharma bottle but I do like the eye dropper tip on the Falcon bottle. I checked with a couple of other places, too, but I forgot the names. They weren't too impressive.

So, thanks everyone. LuLu is all set on her eye drops now. I'm waiting to see if they handle the order right and if they do - I'll be a happy camper. Her 2nd gotcha day is coming up on June 16th and I'm sure she will demanding special treatment that day. :wub: