Sophie

Guest kellabee

Guest kellabee

So, as some of you may know, and if not, I'll just do a quick run through. Sophie was our first foster who was sent to us while our male was sick. (he has now passed) I never wanted to foster yet, I just lived in a little apartment. She had no where to go and after I got the call about her, she was at our place in 10 minutes.

*edited to include background story*

Sorry I forgot to mention this, Sophie's story: She was never a racer, someone got her as a puppy. She was brought to a vet and never returned for her. They called up our rescue agency to take her and she was adopted to a home with young children. Sophie is VERY rambunctious and I don't know whether she knocked the kid over (I do know no aggression was involved) but the kid became very scared of her. She's a puppy, I don't hold it against her. We were her 4th home in a matter of a couple of months.

So, that was 3 weeks ago, and she's here to stay. She's stuck through us during the stress of Dodge with a smile on her face and kisses waiting to be received (and she aims for mouthes!). To describe her, she's our ditzy, 1 year old (oh that puppy stage), playful, full of never ending energy, bubbly little girl. I suppose you want some pictures now hm?..... WELL DUH!

PLEASE excuse my messy place, we're in the process of packing up and moving to our new house.

Sophie's first night with us, she made herself right at home:

HPIM1905.jpg

Sophie and me, right after this picture, I got tackled to the ground with kisses. DH had to get her off me, (while in the process of trying to not pee himself laughing)

4321_85006948180_517218180_1947492_.jpg

From the top: Cousin Red, Sophie, and cousin Leila.

4321_85007033180_517218180_1947506_.jpg

Sophie and angel Dodge:

Dodge: "Sophie, what in the world are you doing"

HPIM1918.jpg

This was taken about a week before Dodge passed:

HPIM1924.jpg

So thanks all for looking, you'll be hearing about Sophie's adventures soon!

Edited by kellabee

Guest kellabee
Congrats! :D

I'm sorry about Dodge.

Thanks and I keep thinking that today's a new day. Like I had put in his rememberance post, I think she came for a reason, she's really brightened up our spirits, even during the rough times.

What a pretty little girl! Congrats!

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Congratulations! May her zest for life and adventure bring you years of smiles and comfort as you grieve for Dodge. She is a cutie and looks like a firecracker!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest GreytMuse
From the top: Cousin Red, Sophie, and cousin Leila.

4321_85007033180_517218180_1947506_.jpg

I love this photo -- the spectrum of greyhound colors!! :)

Congratulations on your beautiful girl! :heart You both are so fortunate to have found one another.

I love that photo with Sophie and Dodge sleepin together. :wub:

Congratulations!! Sophie is such a beautiful girl! :heart

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest TBSFlame

Sorry about Dodge but I know Sophie will help you help. Congratulations. A puppy is a lot of work but they are funny in so many ways.

Congratulations!!! She's lovely.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry about Dodge! :grouphug Sophie is adorable!!! :wub: :wub: Thanks for giving her a permanent Forever home!!!! Congratulations!!!! Lots of Happiness!!!! :confetti :confetti :confetti

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest kellabee
Sorry about Dodge but I know Sophie will help you help. Congratulations. A puppy is a lot of work but they are funny in so many ways.

You're telling me!! She went yardsaling with us today and she's sleeping, I wasn't aware she actually slept! I'm glad she's through that chewing stage... that's what always got me, but she's a collector and the other night she got into the garbage, and I woke up the in the morning, and she had it all around her (subway wrappers, a couple of empty cereal boxes) and i was like..um Soph, thanks lol. Silly girl.