My Munchie Is So Sick......

Guest LittleGreys

Guest LittleGreys

My poor girl is so sick. She spent all day yesterday and today in the vet clinic ICU. I have her home with me for the weekend (only because I am a vet tech!!). My vet and the emergency vet are on standby, hopefully they won't be needed. We do not have a diagnosis yet, either. And during the night, all her severe IMPA symptoms returned. We haven't dealt with that for well over a year. I don't know if the illness brought on the IMPA again, or if this is all somehow connected.

So my poor girl will spend all weekend on a ton of meds and IVs. It is a fine line of giving her steroids for the joint inflammation, which is causing her severe pain, but not giving her so much that she can't fight off the severe infection in her intestine.

Memorial Day weekend is her Gotcha Day, too!! It will be 3 years since I brought her home.

Sue

I am so sorry you both are going through this. I hope there is some relief for her soon,

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Come on, Munchie! You have a fan club here praying and waiting to hear you're on the mend!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11

Lots of prayers coming from her for Munchie!

I know what you mean... I am a retired paramedic, and vet assistant. I have a "presumed" brain tumor boy, Curfew. It is day by day for him and I, too. I have four others, and a DH, too.

HOPING for an UNEVENTFUL weekend! Hugs, Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee, and Cari. Bold Energy, Dasher and Max, at The Bridge. :grouphug:bighug:goodluck:getwell

:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Poor Munchie. I hope she starts feeling better soon.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest BlackandBrindle

Sending many many many good thoughts and prayers for your little girl :grouphug

I was thinking about you this morning and wondering how she was...

Poor baby girl. :cry1 Holding Munchie in my prayers and sending :getwell wishes her way. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Aww, poor Munchie! (and poor you!) I'm glad you are able to have her at home, as I know she'll be as comfortable as possible there. I'll keep her in my thoughts and am sending lots of white light her way.