My Cinco De Mayo Boy

rycezmom

It has been almost three years since his journey to the Bridge was made. The pain of losing my hearthound has long ago changed from an overwhelming sadness to one of fondness of memory. Today he would have been sixteen years old. I was blessed to have had nine of those years. He is gone from my presence, but never from my soul. He still lingers in my life, my home, my memories and my heart. He is that small feeling of pressure against my leg as I wash dishes. He is the tiniest clicking of nails on the tile floor late at night, the soft sound following me as I close up and lock up the house for bed. He is the shadow that crosses me as I sit in the cool green grass with my current hounds. He is the softest touch of breath and silky fur against my cheek as he wanders through my dreams. He is there always in so many ways and in so many forms. His life with me has colored my world, changed the way I view those around me and has taught me how to accept and cherish the love and grace of the hounds that have come after him. His pictures are everywhere I look, on the walls of my house and within my mind, as I move through each day. His favorite stuffie, a zebra, that my daughter placed under my pillow the day he left, has made its way to the top of my dresser next to his picture. His memories remain in my heart and his presence remains in my soul. I miss him dearly. My first, my heart, my Ryce. Happy Birthday my sweet dignified boy.

100_8578a-1.jpg

04-13-03_0012a.jpg

04-13-03_0057ryce.jpg

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

They are never really gone from us, are they. Happy birthday, sweet boy. You are loved.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

What a handsome boy. I'm so sorry you had to say good-bye.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest ss556

What a handsome boy and what a beautiful tribute. No doubt he was loved immensely and loved you back. I look forward to the day that I see things as you do. Happy Birthday, Ryce.

Guest jettcricket
Your beautiful tribute brought tears to my eyes.

Happy birthday sweet Ryce

...me too. Happy B-day handsome...never forgotten. :gh_run:angelwings:gh_run

Thank you for sharing your loving thoughts. No matter how long they are gone, we still miss them like it was the first day they left.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

f_yellow

Remembering Ryce at Grey Haven today.....and sending you lots of love!

Thank you Marilyn. I'm so happy that Ryce has his place in the garden. Hugs back to you.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest jettcricket
Thank you for sharing your loving thoughts. No matter how long they are gone, we still miss them like it was the first day they left.

Irene...that is so true. I have never felt such an overwhelming loss in losing a pet as I have with my grey angels and I've lost many a pet thru out my life.

What a heartfelt tribute to such a handsome boy. Happy Birthday, Ryce!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Happy Birthday Sweetheart. Always with us...:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Thank goodness for precious memories.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.