I Think Its Time...

Guest frase24

I'm so sorry :cry1 :cry1

:grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Energy11

YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING!

We decided when our Max started hopping and now using the bad leg. He was miserable, and no, the pain meds didn't seem to be helping. Bone caner is VERY painfu :-(

Just keep him as comfortable as you can, and give him lots of love before you take him on his journey to The Bridge.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you! Love and hugs! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari... Bold Energy, Dasher and Max, at The Bridge.

Osteo is so cruel and especially to our beloved Greyhounds. Since so many are very stoic by nature, I'm not sure that we can fully appreciate how agonizing their pain is. Sometimes I think they would rather die than let us know how much they are suffering.

This decision is your final act of perfect love for Ebony. I like what Valencia said about letting her Sydney Sue go on a good day; at that point it should be all about Ebony even though your heart is shattering.

Sending prayers for you and Ebony. I will keep you both tucked tightly in my prayers.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest jade1046
Osteo is so cruel and especially to our beloved Greyhounds. Since so many are very stoic by nature, I'm not sure that we can fully appreciate how agonizing their pain is. Sometimes I think they would rather die than let us know how much they are suffering

My heart goes out to you. :weep It's one of the hardest things you'll ever do, but please don't wait too long. Because they are so stoic, she may be in more pain than you realize. Just remember, her spirit will be with you forever. :bighug

My heart is breaking for you. This is definitely one of the hardest decisions you will ever have to make. You love Ebony, so you will make the right choice for her. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Guest PhillyPups

I tried not to open this thread, the pain is still so very raw. Osteo sukks!! And our hounds are so very very stoic and can bear such a tremendous amount of pain, that by the time they limp, it would be unbearable for us.

I know that the two I sent to the bridge with osteo, once I gave them the gift of letting go, the pain that remained was in my heart, and it is still there today. I would much rather me hurt than have my hounds hurt.

SugarBear stayed with me 6 weeks post dx, TigerPower, not so long.

:bighug to you as you give your sweet Ebony the final total gift of love we can ever give our hounds.

Guest jettcricket

...thoughts and prayers are with you during this most difficult time. :grouphug

I know how incredibly hard it is. :(

Guest Flysmom

My heart goes out to you and Ebony! The decision to let Fly go was the hardest decision I ever had to make in my life, but an inner calm came after I told the vet to go ahead, because deep down I knew it was the best for Fly.

Thinking of you both :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

:grouphug It's never easy. I'm sorry.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest WYOwhy

Thoughts and prayers for both of you. May Ebony show you peace and assurance that you have truly done all that you can do.

Guest greygirls2

Our hearts and prayers are with you both. This is the hardest decision ever and I am so sorry you are having to make it but you are doing the right thing by releasing her from the pain of osteo. She knows you are doing the best you can for her and she loves you for it. Wishes for a peaceful journey to the Bridge. Hugs......................

Guest Gingergrey
:hope Sending prayers for a smooth and peaceful passing. Be sure to give Ebony as many hugs and kisses as you can before you say good-bye. We love you EBONY!

I am so sorry this has landed on your plate. Having recently faced a similar 'decision' with a feline family member, I can offer this point of view: For me, when something like OS, kidney failure, whatever it is, strikes, the decision is no longer ours. Someone or something else has already decided our pet would not live as long as we expected. Our job is to help them take their last steps without the suffering and hurt. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

Guest Sula

So, so, so very sorry. About a year ago I was really sick with a horrible flu. I never felt more miserable in my life. While trying to get through one of those awful nights I had an epiphany: what if I were to never get better? What if there was no chance I would feel good again? It was at that point that I realized that I would try my best when the time came and if I were to have the decision to make, that I would put my dog out of her pain--and that I would not keep her around to suffer to stave off my waves of grief. I don't know what it will be like when the time comes but I did grasp then, being so sick myself, that it would be the humane thing to do. These dogs trust us up through the end; they deserve to not have to live in such pain.

Thinking of you.