Loca Update

Sending prayers for the pretty little Lady. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Loca, hon, you really don't have to prove you're exceptional by doing something THIS WEIRD!!!!!

Hope the meds work fast, Robin.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending you well wishes and paws crossed in prayer...........

we know about bad infections....... still have no idea what why or how ....... but if Cofax didn't have a mom that watched her like a hawk......... she might not be with us now.

Her infection went from her top to bottom.. no fever....- only sign was she threw up her dinner and breakfast (everything was still whole - not digested from the night before - means it didn't get into the stomach) no hesitation - within 20mins she was at the hospital - lots of tests and xrays - they had to open her up and literally take out her bowel and hand wash it - it was so bad. I don't know everything they did - but whatever it was - I couldn't have been more scared and more grateful. Before she went in - they gave her about a 50/50 change if that.

I'm glad you're quick on things too........ and with lots of prayers (like everyone here did for Cofax)....... I'm sure you'll both pull through it. Be strong, think positive and give and get lots of hugs.

:grouphug

i'm so glad Cofax is still around i remember how sick she was. i wasn't on top of it. i should have had the culture completed a long time ago even though my vet said that nothing probably would have shown up :headwall

eta: loca's infection is the opposite of the one Cofax had. it went from the bottom up.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

"No plain old" UTI for no plain old gal!

Get better soon, Loca.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh, I think she's gonna make somebody pay for this one! Hurry up and get better soon, Loca! We need you back in tip-top form! Double prayers for double whammy on the antibiotics! Pseudamonas is a b**ch!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Hope the meds are kicking in and she's starting to feel better.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest multiplicity
Awwwww, poor Loca.

Just curious, how does a hound get strep throat...what's the mode of transmission?

it's not her throat. it's her urinary tract. possibly into her bladder too. the vet said that she has been seeing a of of bad infections this year. she thinks it's due to the really damp weather with some warm days thrown in.

LOL...the bladder is far from the throat! :) I guess b/c she has swollen glands and tonsils I attached the culture results to her throat. :P

Poor Loca, she sure has been battling bladder infections for awhile! Gentle ear scritches to her.

Poor baby...hope miss Loca is feeling better. Give Loca and Phene lots of scritches from us.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross