Kylie Update..back From E-vet By Myself

Guest Downtownhoundz

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are treating for a TBD the doxy dosage isn't high enough.

She is at 300 mg at the present..should it be higher?

Yes the dosage is not high enough. She should be getting close to double this. The problem is many vets aren't used to treating TBD with the correct dosage. It has to be high for an extended period of time.

Guest friedmaf

Oh, Anne! I haven’t been on GT for a while, and I was horrified to come back to find this thread! Poor Kylie girl. I am so sorry to hear that she’s not feeling well, but I’m glad she’s back home with you and Thomas and doing better. Hang in there. I’m sure she’ll pull through this just fine. Before you know it, she’ll be back to her sweet funny self.

If there is anything at all I can do to help you, please let me know! We’re not that far away.

Missing you dearly, Fawn and Tovah. And the new guy, Charlie.

Sending continued good thoughts :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

How is Kylie feeling today?

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest greytful4

Kylie is doing a little better today, but her head is still at a slight tilt and she still has some hind end weakness. She goes to the vets tomorrow to have her platelet count, I will also bring the TBD article that Diane was kind enough to e-mail me...thank you Diane.I will definitely encourage a higher dosage of doxy for her backed by the article. I just pray her platelet count has come up. My biggest fear is a brain lesion that is causing her head tilt.I love her so much and am just so glad to have her home ,safe where she belongs...even though she did potty on the floor a few times. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update Anne. You know that we are keeping you and Miss Kylie close. Kiss her pretty cowdoggie nose for me and a hug for you. You know where to find me if you need me.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I'll bet Kylie is so happy to be home with you. Please keep us informed about her progress.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Prayers and lots of well wishing coming to you for your sweet baby girl. Looking forward to a positive update once she visits the vet tomorrow.