Had The Scare Of My Life

Guest Downtownhoundz

Guest greytful4

I just got back from the vet with Kylie for rear leg weakness and stumbling that started this morning. When I took her out before I left for work, her rear end collapsed while she was tending to her business.I helped her get situated and then she stumbled several times before we got in the house. I had to go to work and my daughter called me crying around three and said I better come home...I couldn't get home fast enough. I was terrified that it's cancer...she's only six and is my baby. The vet assessed her and determined that she is symptomatic of a slipped disc. She sent us home with an anti-inflammatory drug and Ky is resting quietly.The vet said that if she doesn't get better to consider seeing a neurologist. Boy when it rains it pours as I am also dealing with the impending bridge journey of my little five lb Aby, Mouse.Stop the world, I wanna get off....for a little while at least. :(

I am sorry. Hopefully, she will get some relief and this will resolve.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Vinnie

Oh no Anne, I hope the meds are helping her. Did they think acupuncture might help bring her some relief? I am so sorry to hear of Mouse as well. Sending lots of healing thoughts, prayers, hugs and scritches. Feel free to call if you just need to vent. :grouphug :grouphug

Anne, I'm so sorry to read this about Kylie. I'll be praying for her and for little Mouse also.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

What a scare! :o Sure hope the meds resolve Kylie's problem - and quickly! Am so sorry about Mouse. :( Sending hugs for you and prayers for Kylie and Mouse. :grouphug:grouphug:candle:candle

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest PiagetsMom

I understand the "stop the world I want to get off".....if it were only that easy. Sending :grouphug to you and many good thoughts for your girl.

Checking in on your lovely girlie this morning.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greytful4
Checking in on your lovely girlie this morning.

Luckily she slept downstairs this morning so I didn't have to worry about trying to get her back down the stairs.There isn't much change from yesterday.This will be day two of her meds and I hope she will at least stabilize. This is so scary for me,but she's a trooper and doesn't seem to be in any pain. Thanks for asking, I appreciate it!

Adding my prayers and sending :getwell wishes to your precious Kylie. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Lighting a candle for Kylie! Feel better, Sweetheart!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I hope she starts to feel better soon, Anne.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I am sorry to hear all that is going on in your life and your baby. Thoughts and prayers going out to all of you. I am sure she will be fine with the meds and some rest. My girl has had the weak back, stumbling but after the pred and antibiotic's kicked in she is doing fine so I am confident yours will also. Maybe acupuncture and chiro. It sure helps my girl! :bighug

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg