Omg- Beau Has Gained All His Weight Back!

Well the hard work paid off. Feeding him every 3 hours when he was really sick worked. He is up to 63.9. His racing weight was between 62.5 and 63. We had him at a top weight of 64.

We are feeding him now at 7:30 12:30, 5:30 and 10:30. He needs to eat frequently because of the pred and the food he eats is low calorie (254/cup)

The difference is that he has no muscle tone. He lost all his muscle tone the within the FIRST week of the pred.

I couldn't believe that. To me, he looks like a sausage!!!!! :eek

As of today, we are lowering the pred to 20mg. His poops are still either just starting to form or thick soft serve. In addition, z/d has been know to cause loose poops. But becasue Beau has never had solid poops, the vet is willing to lower it. If he has a problem with his poops, we will raise it again.

So... Beau is on 20mg of pred and 50 mg od imuran.

Our goal is no flare ups, Beau feeling greyt and eating 2 or 3 meals a day of a food he can tolerate that gives him the calorie count he needs. Oh the little things, that aren't so little when you need them!

I am a very, very gretful person. I really am.

It was pretty scary for a while.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greytbuds

:yay:yay:confetti:confetti:confetti:yay:yay

Celebrating that wonderful news with you Robin!! Goodness knows your family is way past due for some good news!!

Way to go Beau -- keep it up!!

Greytbuds

Guest Spencers_Greyt

That's wonderful news! Yay for Beau! Spencer's back thighs are still jello-y from Pred. It takes a while to get it they muscle back.

wonderful news...

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest koolaidnconner

There you go. See it just took time. Unfortunatly took much time for us but it does happen!!

Way to go Beau buddy. Youse get all bedder for your momma

Your buddie houndies

Kool Aid and Conner

Way to go, Beau!

Some where, some place, in some great body of water even the tilapia are rejoicing!!

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

That's great news! I can't wait for the news, "Beau has pooped a log"! ::)

Now that one, I am not too sure about. It's never happened. And I tend to doubt that it will. As long as there are no flare ups, he continues to maintain his weight and feels good, thick pudding poops are OK.!!!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project