Can Acupuncture Help With Arthritis?

Guest GriffinsMom

Guest GriffinsMom

Griffin has arthritis in his shoulders and limps heavily. There is an holistic vet who can provide acupuncture treatment near me. Has anyone had success with this method to help control pain and increase mobility?

Griffin has been X-rayed and his bones are strong. The pain meds he was on worked but I'm not crazy about drugging him if another avenue of treatment is available.

Thank you for your advice.

Sharon and Griffin

Guest Greensleeves

Yes. Arthritis is an inflammatory process (which is why NSAIDs are so effective in treating it), and acupuncture can reduce the inflammation in the joints.

When Nelly was diagnosed with kidney disease, we had to stop all NSAIDs as well as her Adequan treatments, and the only thing that gave her any relief was the acupuncture (she was also on narcotic pain killers, and I don't think they did much of anything for her).

Edited by Greensleeves

Yes. Arthritis is an inflammatory process (which is why NSAIDs are so effective in treating it), and acupuncture can reduce the inflammation in the joints.

When Nelly was diagnosed with kidney disease, we had to stop all NSAIDs as well as her Adequan treatments, and the only thing that gave her any relief was the acupuncture (she was also on narcotic pain killers, and I don't think they did much of anything for her).

Same here. Tanner had bone spurs and couldn't take any of the NSAID's because he was a VW boy. Acupuncture,Tramadol and massages with Traumeel gel worked wonders for him

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest LolasMom

Another ABSOLUTELY here. Acupuncture kept my two seniors (13 & 14) up and going. :)

I found that consistent repeated treatments worked the best for us.

Absolutely positively! It actually helps everything- the immune system, everything-not just arthritis. Once I discovered how effective it was it has honestly become my first choice for treatment along with other holistic modalities. So much better than drugs with possible kidney and other implications. I guarantee you won't regret it if you choose to try it. :)

Guest LynnM

YES! I've had it done for years with my dogs, in conjunction with medication and supplements. There is a place for both Western and Non-Western therapies in treating arthritis.

Lynn