We Had A Really Bad Night

Guest HersheysMom

I'm sorry I haven't read all of the suggestions but how much Tramadol is she on and can you up the dose? I remember when we had Star on it I was amazed how high a dose was actually safe. The vets office could help you with the amount. I can check my old bottles, too, but I remember I called once when Star was in real pain and told I could give more medicine and more frequently than the bottle indicated. The Tramadol has the added benefit of making them sleepy, that's why I'm wondering....may help get you through tonight.

Hugs :bighug

Edited by HersheysMom

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry I haven't read all of the suggestions but how much Tramadol is she on and can you up the dose? I remember when we had Star on it I was amazed how high a dose was actually safe. The vets office could help you with the amount. I can check my old bottles, too, but I remember I called once when Star was in real pain and told I could give more medicine and more frequently than the bottle indicated. The Tramadol has the added benefit of making them sleepy, that's why I'm wondering....may help get you through tonight.

We give her 100mg every 8. We were giving her 100mg every 6-8 with the amp so I don't want to over do it.

I hate giving her valium, but she is totally relaxed now which is comforting to see. She was so stressed between the pain and the vet.

Unfortunatley, I can not give her more until tomorrow PM. She already had 10mg.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Did YOU sleep?

About 1/2 hour. But then, Beau had to go out and then eat. But 1/2 hour is still 1/2 hour!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Praying for a restful night for everyone at your house. :hope:hope:hope:hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

We give her 100mg every 8. We were giving her 100mg every 6-8 with the amp so I don't want to over do it.

I hate giving her valium, but she is totally relaxed now which is comforting to see. She was so stressed between the pain and the vet.

Unfortunatley, I can not give her more until tomorrow PM. She already had 10mg.

I would call the Vet and ask if she can have another 5-10mg tonight. It's not a very high dose.

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

My vet is not in till the AM. I will be giving her 100mg of tramadol if she needs it. She has been totally sacked out since 3pm. Too bad this wasn't done at 11PM but I really wanted to reduce her stress. Remember she too did not sleep last night at all.

She is out for the count. It's nice not seening her pant and thank GOD I am not hearing her whimmpering. It was breaking my heart.

Hopefully, she will be mellow when she wakes up and eats.

Robin. I am hoping things go well for you at the vet tomorrow. Hopefully with those 2 vets..you will get some good advice. I have never met Dr. Friedman, but have heard about him....and Dr L...as you probably feel , I have the utmost confidence in. Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Donna

Glad to hear the acupuncture went well, Robin, and also that she is all tuckered out and resting. She needed to crash, I'm sure. Shame you were only able to get 1/2 hour's sleep, but that's a good power nap for now. Let's hope Polli continues to sleep and that EVERYONE is able to get a decent night's sleep tonight.

Sending more hugs. :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest tennesseegrey

Sending Hugs and wishes that Polli feels better and mom and dad get rest. Keep updating us. We're going through some similar experiences here and feel your pain.

Joy

Guest myjazzy

Glad Polli is getting some rest. Hopefully, she'll sleep tonight and you and DH can catch a few winks. Please let us know how it goes at the vet tomorrow.

Hope you are sound asleep right now.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Giant hugs,

Holly

I wish I were sound asleep right now, Because of Polli taking the valium and sleeping all day, now we are trying to feed her. We just let Beau out and fed him until our wake up call in 3 hours. Polli is at least starting to eat.

Edited by RobinM

Oh Robin, I hope that you all can get some quality rest soon :grouphug

I have a sick boy at my house who goes back and forth with wanting to eat and refusing to eat...and when this started I thought of you and your trials and tribulations with Beau. I really need to go back and read your threads to get ideas for my own guy.

Hugs to you, your DH, and your kids :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Praying for a positive vet visit and then you all are able to get sleep.... I know this has to be very hard... :grouphug :grouphug :hope :hope :hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

We had a decent night. About 5 hours of broken sleep. We were up a few times with Polli- she went out once, of course not at the same time as Beau!

But what a differece some sleep is compared to no sleep!

We are leaving for the vet in a couple of minutes. She is moving MUCH better after the acupuncuture. I don't think we will do the shot, but will leave that decison up to the vet. She has had no pain meds (except deramaxx) since 10AM yesterday.

We will be checking out the lump to determine what's up with that.

Polli will be Ok. I had a long talk with her. She understands that she has to be OK. Every house needs a mommy and she is our mommy.

Good luck at the vet, Robin. I was SO relieved to read that you were able to get at least some sleep last night. And that Polli seems to be doing well today. I'm glad she understands that really there are only two options: either she gets better or she gets better. No other option is on the table :):D

Sending more hugs and good thoughts. :grouphug:goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.