New Flippy Update

Denise called me this morning to update me on Flippy. After a preliminary examination, the vet found a swollen lymph node close to the incision site. They did a needle aspiration of the node for examination. They are sedating Flippy this afternoon and doing chest x-rays and will also do an ultrasound of the other lymph nodes to see if the cancer is systemic or not. At the time of initial examination the vet tends to agree that the tumor was too invasive to get it all, mainly because of the location on her neck. They will make a decision on whether to go back in and try and remove more after they get the rest of the test results. Denise is supposed to call me either this afternoon or this evening after the results are back so I can let everyone know.

Please continue to keep Flippy in your prayers.

New update............I just talked to Denise, all the tests results are back and Flippy is free from cancer in all her lymph nodes, her liver, kidneys and all major organs are perfect!!! They can not go back in and remove more tumor because it is too deeply embedded so she will be receiving chemo as soon as Denise gets home tomorrow night. Right now Flippy has had her dinner and has taken the entire king size bed for herself and is sleeping like a log. So this is terrific news. The vets say she is healthy as a horse and should do well with the chemo. They will be home some time tomorrow night.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Praying hard. I know she is in the best possible hands. If anyone can help Flippy, it's OSU.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

:(

Prayers and white light and everything else I can send that will help.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Many prayers coming from here for this special girl. Judy, I'm sorry the news isin't better. I know how much you love her.

May St Francis watch over Flippy

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Sending lots of good thoughts! :candle:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck:candle

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sending more prayers for Miss Flippy and Denise. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.