Suenos' Spay Tomorrow

Guest snaphappy

Guest snaphappy

Suenos is our almost 9yr old broodie foster (if she ever quits trying to eat the cat, she might stay with us). She's been experiencing vaginal bleeding since we picked her up from the farm on Valentine's Day, and the antibiotics don't seem to be helping. She's been on Clavamox for a week now.

We are crossing our fingers that her spay tomorrow will take care of the problem and won't reveal any bad news. If you can send your prayers and well wishes her way, we would sure appreciate it. I'll be sure to update this post tomorrow after I hear from the doc.

Thank you.

Keep your eye on her just in case it's pyometra. It's good she's getting spayed tomorrow. My friend's elderly deerhound had a raging case of it but did very well with the emergency spay. Best wishes for Suenos. :goodluck

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest snaphappy
Can she just be in heat?

She shouldn't be; it's only been a little less than 4wks since she weaned her last litter. The vet was pretty convinced it is some type of infection. They couldn't pinpoint w/o more extensive tests whether it was vaginal or urinary. A UTI should be showing signs of improvement by now, though. That's why they wanted her spayed ASAP; tomorrow is the soonest we could get it scheduled, though.

Guest snaphappy

UPDATE: They didn't spay her yet. The vet called to report that she has a lot of dark, thick blood in her vulva. The did an ultrasound on the bladder to make sure there wasn't anything in there causing the bleeding, and nothing showed. They are doing a blood panel to be sure she doesn't have any tick born diseases or anything else that may be causing a bleeding issue. If that all comes back ok, then they should be able to spay her tomorrow. Say a prayer for our girl.

Sending my prayers for the sweet little lady. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending lots of prayers for a uneventful spay and recovery.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest snaphappy

UPDATE POST SURGERY:

Thank you all so very much for keeping Suenos in your thoughts and prayers. She was spayed today. The vet said she had what amounts to bad endometriosis. She said to expect vaginal bleeding for about another week, but then it should stop. She also had a little excess bleeding during surgery but nothing they didn't expect and couldn't handle. She's got some swelling of the wall where the incision is, so she's getting a cold pack tonight and then hot packs twice a day until the swelling either disappears or the stitches come out.

Her teeth were a mess (no big surprise for an almost 9yr old), and her gums are still seeping a little thanks to all the work they had to do, but she didn't lose any teeth! YAY!

So, all in all, a good day. She's in a lot of pain tonight and will be on metacam, along with finishing her antibiotics, for the next 5 days. But considering how scared I was that they were going to find something much worse, I'm very pleased. This old girl will be getting *lots* of extra lovin' over the next few days, but it's a job I cherish. :)

Edited by snaphappy

That's great news - she'll feel so much better on all fronts once she heals up. She'll probably be bouncing around like a spring chicken!

Could you add some tramadol to her metacam for pain?

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Glad to read she made it through the surgery. Hope she recovers quickly and with as little pain as possible.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Sending gentle scritchies and best wishes for an easy recovery.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.