T Needs A Prayer

Guest greytbookert

Guest greytbookert

He started with loose stool on the weekend, so we fasted for 12 hours and then started a bland diet (chicken and rice). The loose stool continued and now he is arching and stretching and there is blood mixed in some (but very little stool). We have fasted him again this morning. However, he vomited his chicken and rice from last night this morning, and it didn't look digested at all :eek He's been going out at least every hour since midnight last night and having the bloody mucousy stools :(

Both DH and I are worried that he might have a blockage or something and we're taking him to the vet in just a little bit.

This can't be happening! Between Eric's tumor in December, Annie's ear last week, and Sahra is not herself yesterday and today, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Guest SoulsMom

Oh no Deb! Those are the exact symptoms Soul had :o

It's good that you're getting him to the vet quickly. Sending good thoughts for you guys :grouphug

ETA: Let me know if there is anything I can do!

Edited by SoulsMom

:(

Hope it is just a minor thing and he will be right again soon.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greytbookert

We're home from the vet. The vet thinks that he has a stomach bug and his tummy is very upset (oh really) :rolleyes: He gave us some metro and we'll watch him like a hawk to make sure no other symptoms appear or he gets worse.

T is finally resting, after not sleeping all night. the poor boy!

Guest greytbookert

Thanks for the prayers everyone! I was really worried that he had a blockage or some other nasty thing other than a belly bug. I just hope that this is the beginning of the end of his feeling crappy. There are so many other more serious things going on here at GT, I felt bad asking for a prayer for an upset belly.

T's been resting comfortably since his does of Metro. I guess getting up every hour last night really wore him out... too bad, I couldn't sleep all day :lol

Guest SoulsMom
Thanks for the prayers everyone! I was really worried that he had a blockage or some other nasty thing other than a belly bug. I just hope that this is the beginning of the end of his feeling crappy. There are so many other more serious things going on here at GT, I felt bad asking for a prayer for an upset belly.

T's been resting comfortably since his does of Metro. I guess getting up every hour last night really wore him out... too bad, I couldn't sleep all day :lol

Hey, if you ask me, anytime there is blood involved and you don't know where it's coming from, that's cause for concern :!!

How's he doing today?

Sending prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greytbookert

Hey, if you ask me, anytime there is blood involved and you don't know where it's coming from, that's cause for concern :!!

How's he doing today?

T is doing ok this morning, thank you for asking! but boy does he hate the taste of the Metro :lol He ate a light, bland dinner last night and this morning and seems to be doing ok. The stretching has stopped but he hasn't had a bowel movement since yesterday around 11am, which I guess would be normal since he hadn't had any food until last night.

I will say that T is an exceptional dog, everytime he had to go out with the nasties, he went right to the door and pawed at it to let us know :blush. He also remained his bouncy self by running up and down the ramp into the yard.