Ug, Cancer...

Guest Chanda

I'm so sorry :( . She was so young and it's a terrible shock for you to lose her so suddenly :grouphug .

Rest in peace, Trillian :brokenheart .

:f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I lost a 5 yr old. Not to cancer, another disease. But it still sucks.

This was sent to me when I lost my 8 yr old and brought me comfort.

Farewell Master yet not farewell.

Where I go ye too shall dwell.

I am gone before your face,

A moment's time, a little space

When ye come where I have stepped,

Ye will wonder why ye wept.

I'm so sorry-they are never with us long enough.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks everyone. That was a great poem. I liked it a lot.

Today is our first real day back in the world. I didn't want to leave my other hound Indica at home alone when I went to the barn today so I took him with me (and my little IG Oliver who always comes). It is much easier to bring just one big hound rather than two so I am going to continue to do this.

Indi is also the best hound. He is 10 years old now so very calm. I had also forgotten how much training I have put into him. Both my hounds live wild and free on a fenced 40 acres so they are very used to being off leash in open areas. Trilli used to run off and chase things and come back and was fine with it. Indi ALWAYS walks right next to me no matter what. He has almost zero chase instinct.

I had Indi off leash at the barn (it is 20 acres fenced) and was giving him commands and he followed every single one even though I hadn't worked with him in a long time. When I said stay he planted his feet and didn't move. When I called him to come he ran right over.

I am going to keep taking him places with me to help us all heal. That way he won't have to stay home alone without his sister and I have something else to focus on when I am out. We both had so much fun today. He even played with my trainers afghan. I am still crying every few minutes but I think this is the path to feel better, just focus on my remaining big hound.

I'm so sorry Trillian had to leave you... and soooo young too...

Run free, Trillian

And hugs to you and your family

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry. I just lost my Mack to that devil cancer just a couple of weeks ago. I know how devastated you must feel. Just know that Trillian knew it was with love and deep sadness that you released her from her pain. It is the hardest thing we do for the pups we love, to let them go, and for us to be left to feel the grief. Be kind to yourself, and may the beautiful memories replace the aching in your heart with peace.

Run free, sweet Trillian.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Oh, I am so sorry! Run wild, run free sweet Trillian! :gh_run2

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

That is heartbreaking.....I am sorry you lost Trillian at such a young age.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.