Ranger (vjg Howler) - Our Mr Moosh

Guest RSD_Ranger

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run fast and free on all four legs sweetheart. Our Angels will show you the way. My deepest sympathy and prayers. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Kristen,

my heart is absolutely breaking over the loss of Ranger :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

the way you both handled everything, with true bravery and love, is such an inspiration to me and I'm sure to others. I pray that when the time comes, I will be able to have even anything close to the strength you had for both him and yourself :sad1 :sad1

your boy was such a special boy -- and he knows you loved him dearly. He wouldn't want you in pain over his passing to the bridge. :( :( and I truly believe that you will see your sweet boy someday again :cry1 :cry1

sending many hugs your way, Kristen :grouphug :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry. Godspeed sweet Ranger.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I am so very sorry for the loss of your handsome Ranger.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, every day of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

We have shared your journey and will share your pain and search for the lessons learned from this extremely brave hound. We take these hounds into our hearts knowing that at some time we will have to say goodbye. The joy that they give us is so much more than the pain of having to give them back to the heavens. They are not truly gone, just resting in your heart until the memories and peace find their way out. Peaceful dreams at the bridge Ranger.

Leslie and Marian

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest greytloves

I tried to follow his journey, frankly after going thru OS with one of my own 3 years ago, its still hard to hear about the other journeys.

Ranger is now pain free and whole at the Bridge playing with all the OS angels.

I hope one day you can open your heart to another grey and don't change your siggie. Keep it.

Guest RSD_Ranger

Walking in the door and not seeing his smiling face is so very hard. I find myself picking things up off the floor (so he doesn't shred them), making sure he doesn't steal my cell phone ... again (found the last one on his bed with telltale bite marks), walking around beds (that aren't there anymore), opening the garage door weirdly (you know what I'm talking about -- put one leg out to prevent any bolting greyhounds, complete with a bodyblock at the ready), checking his water & food to see if he needs a refill (we were lucky in that he was a free-feeder who never got fat), oh, all these things that are ingrained in our habits.

I feel silly doing some of them now. I hope someday soon I will laugh and shake my head thinking, "Oh Mr Moosh, what have you got your mommy doing now?"

I know time heals the sting. Memories will soon replace the awful ending. I will remember more of the good times and hopefully forget (or at least fade) the last 7 weeks since the diagnosis of osteo.

I don't know where I read it (I'm pretty sure it's someone's sig) but I love the quote about why greyhounds have such deep chests: to hold their huge hearts. So true, so true.

Guest vahoundlover

:cry1 I can't believe I'm reading this. I just sat down to catch up on Ranger and I am in shock. I am so sorry! :grouphug Your dear sweet boy was so brave. He is an inspiration to many of us.

It has been 2 months since Boss has left us, I still leave the tv on for him at night and the kitchen light on. His coat still hangs at the bottom of the steps ready for a walk. someday, just not today....

Godspeed Ranger :f_red

Edited by vahoundlover