Cody (rovin Gemini) 10-92 To 1-28-05

ozgirl2

Wanted to do a Remembrance of my Cody girl - it's a few days early so I won't forget to do it on the 28th...

I picked up Cody when she was 4, from the same haul as some friends' 2nd grey. When I got her home, I called them and said "I have my greyhound!" and they said "Which crate was she in?" I said - the end one on the top... and there was silence! I found out LATER that Cody was the loudest one there when they went to pick out Cleo!! SHe wouldn't stop barking and scratching at the front of the crate - and she had one PIERCING bark too!! :lol (Didn't read the rule books, I guess...)

Anyway, after being told she'd be fine with my cat, I took her home & inside the house- and good thing she was on leash with a muzzle 'cause she LUNGED at the cat, staring & drooling! (If I'd known then what I know now, I'd probably have returned her that day...) She was VERY hard to cat-train - took years and years and even then, they only had a truce! :rolleyes:

She was my first dog (and my only so far) - and what a good girl she was! (Apart from the cat, the leather-chewing, the counter surfing... um.. well, she was MOSTLY good! :blush:lol ) She was a top notch roacher, huge chatterer and whoofer-of-jowls (and those are what I still miss most...), loved her walks (3 times a day no matter the weather), LOVED food (even though, with her stomach, she couldn't eat very many things!), loved rides in the car, HATED wearing Halloween costumes, and was a great first!!

I do still miss her but it's with a fond smile now (at least if I can avoid thinking about her last week... everyone here will understand that without elaboration...) and someday she'll show me my new grey - just not right now!

Keep runnin' free at the bridge, Cody girl - and show all the newbies around, eh?

(I'll add pix once I'm at work - easier there...)

Edited.. 'cause I spelled her name wrong in the title!! :eek (typo I didn't catch when I re-read the post..)

Edited by ozgirl2

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest GreytMuse

A beautiful remembrance of a very special girl! You all were lucky to have found one another and shared your lives. They are never with us long enough... f_yellow

Maybe our Cody's are together watching from the Bridge. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Maybe our Cody's are together watching from the Bridge. :grouphug

I'm convinced Sophia met Cody at the bridge & they've been causing havoc ever since!! :lol

here are some pix...

The dreaded Halloween costume!!

CodySharkHowloween.jpg

Ok, well... just a HAT is OK...

MeNCodyHalloween02Maybe.jpg

In the snow with her favorite pal, Elmo

CodyNElmoSnow2Feb03.jpg

And her other favorite, the brown ball

CodyNBall2Jan03.jpg

In the coat that Mo (TinyMityMo) made for her!!

CodyBackyardJan03.jpg

In all her cuteness...\

CodyCuteEars.jpg

CodyinYard.jpg

And her big smile (I really miss that too...)

CodySmile1203.jpg

(Smile out-take!!)

CodySmileWTongue.jpg

I have millions more but that will do it for now...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

:wub::grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Yep, she was a HUGE smiler! (Scared the crap out of me the first time I met her... didn't know about the greyhound grin then & thought she was snarling at me!!)

Guest bowiebears

Jeannine !

Condolences on your Cody. I remember her so well....

Lots of wonderful memories, even when the loss is close and hard to deal with.

Hugs to you & your kitties!

--Isaac

Guest greytloves

I love those old brindle girl faces!

My bridge angel, Jo was a red brindle and a huge smiler! It always made my day. I so miss that, too.

Awww Jeannine, no wonder you miss her so much...she was so cute. So glad you have many happy memories...I love her pics

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Happy Bridge Anniversary, my Cody girl... (today's the actual day...)

She was a beautiful girl, Jeannine. I'm sorry I never met her, I'm sure I would have loved her to bits!

I remember you saying how you couldn't clean the nose prints off your car, and as you know, I still have Renie's on mine. Cody looked quite a lot like Renie, didn't she? And yet nothing much in common on GH data!

Sorry I missed her Bridge Day, but I'm sending her kisses and scritches anyway :wub: and hugs to you! :bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop