Adam-bear Is Limping

Guest CorbysMom

Guest greytloves

I remember all the trauma you guys went threw with Adam & Amber over their attack. It made us all so love him!

My Sugar Bear sends Adam Bear lots of cookies.

and I send you and Amber lots of hugs.

It just can't be anything serious, it can't. :hope

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CorbysMom
How's Adam this morning? Did the vet have any useful information to offer?

Hi leg is ginormous today - from the tip of his toes to his thigh now. The useful vet appt is on Saturday; the appt he had last night was with the vet who I use for very simple stuff. He has pills, but that doesn't mean he's a good vet. All diagnostics are done by the very wonderful Dr Boen in West Orange. :wub:

Last night's visit was just to get him comfy until he can see Dr Boen. He's bearing weight now, so that's good but the swelling is disconcerting. His right leg looks like a regular, spindly stick leg like a greyhound should have. His left leg, OTOH, looks like he has a light cast on it. :(

He was very, very cuddly last night, so I got covered in Adam-Bear kissies. One little kiss from that boy sends me over the moon. :kiss2

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Morgan's leg swelled once a few years ago. We rushed him to the EVet. It turned out to be an infection from a puncture in his foot that everyone (Vets and us) missed examining him. A round of anti-biotics took care of the swelling but it sure was scary. Hopefully, Adam-bear's issue is simple too. I would suggest a very thorough examination of the foot. Morgan's was in between the pads.

Guest CorbysMom
Morgan's leg swelled once a few years ago. We rushed him to the EVet. It turned out to be an infection from a puncture in his foot that everyone (Vets and us) missed examining him. A round of anti-biotics took care of the swelling but it sure was scary. Hopefully, Adam-bear's issue is simple too. I would suggest a very thorough examination of the foot. Morgan's was in between the pads.

Thanks for the suggestion! :) Actually, three of us checked every square inch of Adam's pads, in between, all along his legs - anywhere you can think of, we checked. The only one who DIDN'T check was the vet! I asked him for ABs in case it was a puncture, bite, etc. but he blew me off. Grr...

Thanks for the suggestion! :) Actually, three of us checked every square inch of Adam's pads, in between, all along his legs - anywhere you can think of, we checked. The only one who DIDN'T check was the vet! I asked him for ABs in case it was a puncture, bite, etc. but he blew me off. Grr...

With that amount of swelling, I'd be wondering about a major infection from a small puncture too. They can be very hard to find in all that fur, but since his hock swelled first, I'd be looking in that region first, I think. Is his leg hot?

I hope your vet finds the cause quickly and it's easily treatable. :goodluck

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Is there no one useful who can see him before Saturday? If it is an infection, you really don't want to wait that long to address it.

Does he have some antibiotics at least?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest CorbysMom
Is there no one useful who can see him before Saturday? If it is an infection, you really don't want to wait that long to address it.

Does he have some antibiotics at least?

The vet we went to last night wouldn't give him antibiotics, which fried me. :angry: I put a Sharpie marker line on his leg to see if the swelling increases. It's no better and no worse than it was late last night. It's not even warm to the touch. His temp is perfect, appetite is voracious (he's a normally picky eater), he's playing with toys.....he's just doing it all lying down. I have 2 ER vets within minutes and I work 4 miles from home, so I can get to him and get help immediately if necessary.

He's not home alone, either. He has Amber and Sean and his Grammy and Pop all SPOILING him. :colgate Everyone is watching him and I'm getting hourly reports. I had just hoped to have seen some improvement today.

(edited for context)

Edited by CorbysMom

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I'm so sorry! I know the not knowing is the worst thing of all. I'm glad you're able to manage his pain for now. I'll be keeping you both in my prayers.

Guest MorganKonaAlex

That is frustrating. The EVet gave us antibiotics for Morgan even though they couldn't find the puncture. The swelling responded very quickly. The next day I took him to our normal Vet who didn't find the puncture either. It was a day or 2 later that I finally found it.

Guest CorbysMom

It's big and swollen and bruised today. Still no fever, the limb isn't hot, he's bearing weight, he's eating well, etc. but I'd rather err on the side of caution now because this has been going on too long. We're off to the vet. I'm not waiting any longer.

I'm keeping you and Adam in my thoughts. It is so frustrating and scary, going to vet after vet (I've done it myself) and they either misdiagnose or won't help. I hope things go well today. Maybe it's a bug bite gone awry.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest Ladyluther

Nancy,

You, Adam and Amber are in my thoughts and numero uno on the "all is well" hot line. I'll be in NJ this Saturday and Sunday..so hoping the good vibes will reach you.

Martha

Any news?

Mom to Max (grey), Buttermilk (grey) and Winston (iggy) and Skinkids, Ally and Ben! In loving memory of Angels Chelsey(Weim), whom we lost on August 26, 2004, Majestic(Chow) on November 20, 2005, on October 5, 2007, we lost Natasha(lab mix), and on May 28, 2009 we lost our greyhound Ike born 7/31/2005 You were too young to go!!!! We lost Monte(Whippet) on September 23, 2009. We miss you all!

Just saw this. So sorry about Adam! Any news? Sending prayers for Adam!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Checking for an update. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.