Poor Diamond Had A Rough Day

Wonder

I dropped him off at the vet this morning for his neuter and dental.

I got a call around 10 asking if he was already neutered :blink:

Nope, his testicles were hiding (they never did tell me where they were)

So they had to hunt for them and he's going to be very sore for a while

He also has fleas and worms so I had to wash everything that he might have gotten close.

My dogs and cats also got a capstar.

On a side note, the washer at the laundry mat was $15 :eek

I still have 4 more dog beds to wash and spray down the house :(

Diamond is sleeping right now and all doped up.

He hasn't slept a night since he got here so I hope he does tonight (for my sanity as well)

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Oh, my! You've both had a rough day. That's called cryptorchid when the testicles aren't descended. We do surgeries at the shelter where I work, and we've seen a lot of that lately. Yeah, if they have to go looking for them, especially up in the abdomen, that's a lot more invasive than a normal neuter. He should feel better soon.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Copper was cryptorchid and his surgery scar looked more like a spay than a little snippety-snippety. Poor guy! He was very tender for a week or so - much like a female. We had to keep him from jumping around and not running and no going up and down stairs.

Hope your guy feels better soon!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Checking in on Mr. Iwannakeepmynutssoimhidingthem.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest KennelMom

I think I've bought enough capstar in my life to be a part owner in the company :rolleyes: My rule of thumb is every new dog is capstar'd before coming home...I'm ultra paranoid about fleas though. We had a 'no baller' here too! I bathed him before the adoption group picked him up and there weren't nuthin' dangling. I've seen 'em with only one, but it was my first to have none!

Hope he feels better soon!

Oh No....Poor you and poor Diamond!!

Hope he is feeling better quickly!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Believe me, I will NEVER pick up another dog without getting capstar and giving it to the dog before it gets into my car!

Heather, Judy and Jey can all confirm how paranoid I was about fleas before I even left to pick him up.

He's feeling back to normal already. He's whining in his crate (they all just ate) so I am going to let him out shortly. I just sprayed the dog beds again with flea spray (just to be sure) so need them to dry before he lays down.

He only woke us up twice last night so hopefully tonight will be better and not an all night whine fest :lol

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Poor Diamond. I hope he has a quick and painless recovery.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greyvettech

Poor guy...both of his testicles were not descended?...usually it's just one.. He was cryptorchid! Yeah, he'll be sore for a while..poor guy..I hope he feels better soon! :dogcookie