Cash Ran A Good Bit On Sunday And She's Limping ...

Guest MomofCash

Guest MomofCash

... her back right leg. She's not crying, not yelping ... she lets me touch it but it's an obvious limp. Tonight she's kinda hopping ... is there anything that I can give her to maybe relief the discomfort? Could it be muscle or more than that? Can it wait until Friday when I'm off so I can take her to the vet?

foot.jpg

Edited by MomofCash

I saw the pics, she was having such a good time. Maybe she did just overdue it a little. I use Ascriptin in situations like this and also massage Traumeel gel in, helps a lot.

Hopefully it will be better in a couple of days.

:kiss2 for that beautiful girl

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Okay .... I just inspected her again ... there's something between her toes. What does a corn look like?

Can't help there, I can spot a corn on the pad(Wayne's had them) but have never seen them anywhere else.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

This happens to our Shane, who was dx'd with osteoarthritis in his metatarsals and metacarpals at age 4. But he's a very stocky, heavy boy. Just thinking that since your Cash is 9, x-rays for arthritis might be in order. We give him a variant on Rimadyl called Vetpro when it happens, and usually once or twice a day for two days is sufficient. And it helps enormously. He doesn't ever say much in complaint, but he looks dejected until it gets set to rights!

Good luck!

Edited: Oops, missed the picture!

Edited by greyhead
Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

... her back right leg. She's not crying, not yelping ... she lets me touch it but it's an obvious limp. Tonight she's kinda hopping ... is there anything that I can give her to maybe relief the discomfort? Could it be muscle or more than that? Can it wait until Friday when I'm off so I can take her to the vet?

foot.jpg

Wow, I've never seen anything like that

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

This might be totally off, but my girl always get acorns stuck between her toes for some reason. Is whatever that is something stuck like that?

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

Guest MomofCash
This might be totally off, but my girl always get acorns stuck between her toes for some reason. Is whatever that is something stuck like that?

YOU ARE MY ANGEL !!!!

I read your post and DH and I ran over there and she didn't want us to touch it ... we pulled out an ACORN! It was embedded between her toes.

I cannot tell you how thankful I am ... I'm in tears. Thank you so much.

DH just said to tell you that he owes you a beer .... :)

:lol

I was just going to say the same thing -- about the acorn, not the beer.

Glad it was simple!!!!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:lol Glad you didn't take her to the vet! Reminds me of the time I took my baby to the Dr. because I thought he had a sliver. Turned out to be a booger stuck to his head.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

YOU ARE MY ANGEL !!!!

I read your post and DH and I ran over there and she didn't want us to touch it ... we pulled out an ACORN! It was embedded between her toes.

:yay:yay:yay:yay

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

YOU ARE MY ANGEL !!!!

Whoo!! :thumbs-up

The first time she did it I was SO FREAKED - she just started limping out of nowhere! Now it's like old hat... "Welp, she's got another acorn stuck in her toes!" :lol

What a relief!!

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

Guest MomofCash

YOU ARE MY ANGEL !!!!

Whoo!! :thumbs-up

The first time she did it I was SO FREAKED - she just started limping out of nowhere! Now it's like old hat... "Welp, she's got another acorn stuck in her toes!" :lol

What a relief!!

This morning when i left for work, she was limping but walking on it. My sister came overo this afternoon and she wouldn't even go outside. When I got home, she ran to the door but every 4-5 steps she put her foot down and was just hopping. I was having a MAJOR freak-out ... was ready to bring her to the e-vet.

Whew ... thanks again .. another reason why I LOVE GT ... :)

Oh thank heavens it was something easily fixable! Mandy gets acorns stuck in her pads frequently--we live right next to an oak forest.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Guest nerak254

It looks like an acorn.

Wow! The picture kinda freaked me out, and I thought it looked like an acorn too. Isn't it good that you posted that picture? I would imagine having an acorn stuck in there would REALLY hurt!

So glad you solved her problem.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

WooHoo, thank doG it was something simple! I thought it was a giant, engorged tick! :sick

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

We have the pine cone problem a lot. Though once Dude was limping and limping and i thought I'd inspected his foot all over about fortylebbenhundred times, and then I must have shined the flashlight on it just right. The poor guy had a NAIL stuck half way in his foot! Fortunately it was one of the skinny short finishing nails, but I freaked out totally. I did manage to pull it out - it didn't even bleed very much. And gave him some antibiotics I happened to have left over. No harm done, but it's always freaky - and I check their feet a lot more carefully!

Glad it was just an acorn for your girl!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest greydogluvr

I am so glad it was just an acorn. I know how frightened you must have been but I want to thank you all for the laugh. It is so like me to think the worst, as I am sure you did. But for some reason this tickled me.