A Formal Introduction For Lucky Louie

Guest KennelMom

Guest KennelMom

He's appeared in many threads thanks to all of his human angels who helped him find his way to us (Mary) and helped him get to us (Meredith and Judy) :bow2 But I figured he deserved his very own intro thread...

We have decided to rename him Lucky Louie, which has a couple special meanings to us. First, Harmony's primary nickname was Lucky Charms and I can't help but feel she helped send him here...as sick as she was...she helped him find us. :candle:cry1 Second, stand up comedy is one of our favorite things and it's sort of an homage to one of our favorites Loius CK. Third...he is pretty lucky that all the stars aligned juuuuuuuuuust right for him to find a Forever Home instead of...well, the very unlucky alternative he was facing. Fourth...Loiue should be an easy transition to Lucas (though I'm sure he will still be Lucas from time to time too).

He's settled in beauitfully! Reading through his medical records I chuckled at the entry about year ago that said: Ate entire pan of brownies. Induced vomiting. :lol He is definitely a food hound! I was also dismayed to see that they had him donate a 450 ml of blood the day before he left for home :( One last life-saving gift, I suppose. Anyhoo...he's been sleeping behind my office chair most of the day...is getting along great with everyone. No accidents in the house.

This dog is darn near perfect as far as I can tell. His sweet, gentle, playful personality is coming out...he's the kind of dog that makes people fall in love with greyhounds....He jumped up on the bed this morning and spooned with Ken :wub:

Are we there yet???

3210619132_43fd0ee904_o.jpg

No? OK, I'll play wiff my toy then

3209771895_886d7bda57_o.jpg

At the rest area with Prajna and Stella...almost home!

3210618964_850765594a_o.jpg

Just a picture to swoon over his handsomeness

3209771845_98f859999f_o.jpg

It was dark when we got home, so we did pack intros in the kennel...butt sniffs all around!

3209771993_238fd69c2e_o.jpg

It didn't take long for him to find a comfy spot on the sofa next to the fuzziest greyhound he's ever seen

3209080840_1f8203b3ef.jpg

Primo gives him a nose wiggle

3209772099_23ddf33cbe_o.jpg

The two new kids on the block, Loiue and Primo...they are becoming good friends

3210619246_fc0ab44c2a_o.jpg

My old gal Haley went NUTS for Louie last night. I think she has a crush on him...she was prancing around him and play bowing. For anyone who knows Haley, that is unheard of.

Edited by KennelMom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KennelMom
Welcome home Lucky Louie!!

I love his little white eyelashes Heather. How old is he again? I want to say 8.

I've been trying to put my finger on what makes his face look so unique and its his white eyelashes! :lol He'll be in March, so still a young'un :D

Congratulations! :confetti The whole story is just too perfect! I'm sure that Harmony had something to do with all of this. :blush Mr. Lucky Louie is very handsome. :wub: and he looks like he's fitting in perfectly! :D

This is what it's all about. This is one of the best happy endings I can think of.

Where's those darn tissues. My allergies are really acting up today.

What a wonderful intro!! He is so, so handsome. I am so pleased he is home with you guys.

Welcome Lucky Louie! :confetti:kiss2:yay :yay

PS Louis CK's stand-up kills me, he's absolutely hilarious :rofl:rotfl

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Congrats to everyone.... :clap

I am not typically one to fall in love with the white dogs but his markings are so pretty!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

He'll be in March, so still a young'un :D

Ah, fill in the blank. :lol Seven, he'll be 7. GH-D

It's great to see him fitting in so well and so quickly.

He has an absolutely gorgeous head.

Congratulations!!!!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest KennelMom
He'll be in March, so still a young'un :D

Ah, fill in the blank. :lol Seven, he'll be 7. GH-D

It's great to see him fitting in so well and so quickly.

He has an absolutely gorgeous head.

Congratulations!!!!

:rofl WHOOPS! :blush that's what I get for not proofing before clicking submit :lol Thanks!

Guest KennelMom

OMG...the funniest thing just happened. Louie was lingering out in the yard and when he realized all the dogs had gone in and I was calling him, he bolted from the back of the property up to the house. When he got up here he lept up the entire set of stairs (4 or 5) to the back door, ran to the end of the deck, turned around ran back down and jumped over the steps going down, ran back out to the yard and did some SERIOUS zoomies. I ran out to the yard and started cheering him on as he did fly-bys. I don't think he's opened up and run like that for a while! He was a greyhound on a running mission! :gh_run Ken only got a little bit of it on video before he tuckered out. He was so proud of himself when he stopped, with his tail wagging. :kiss2 I think he's gonna like it here!

OMG I just found this thread! I'm thrilled he's doing so well, but I didn't have a doubt in my mind that he wouldn't! I knew once he got home and found his big yard you were in for some serious zoomies, after all, he's slept for two or three days now! :lol I love his new name btw. Give him a big kiss from me. I miss the guy and he was only with me one day!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Heather, I have been looking for this all day. Welcome home Lucky Louie :confetti:confetti:confetti

He is such a handsome happy go lucky boy. I feel that Harmony had a big paw in this, and with him being a blood donor. Thanhks for the pic with Wuzho in it too, we need MORE of Wuzho. :lol:lol

Wishing you all years of happiness, looks like Lucky Louie (and he sure is lucky to be with you all) is quite at home and lovin it. Have a feeling he may become a Mama's boy. :rofl

eta: Aren't Mike, Judy & Kevin the best? And I hear you were loving on my boyfriend, Saint!! :lol

Edited by PhillyPups