My Lovely Old Jack

Jack is doing well!! He's still very stiff on the back legs, but he's no longer falling over, or staggering. He just needs a bigger turning circle, and to take things a lot slower right now. He's able pee and poop with no great discomfort, and he is able to 'nest' again now, which is a very good sign. :thumbs-up

The old guy will be thirteen and a half next month. I am thinking maybe his galloping around over the field days may be over, which is a very sad thought, but I'm lucky to have had him this long, and it's a small price to pay for keeping him comfortable.

He's sleeping peacefully right now, with no Vetergesic on board, but Previcox still being given. He's perhaps eating a little less than usual, but he is eating and seems nicely relaxed.

Thanks for asking about him, and for all the many good thoughts, scritches and hugs and prayers. We both appreciate it so much. :wub:

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping Jack has a good day today and a even better one tomorrow. Continued prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

That's great Jack's feeling a little better........

It's difficult isn't it though wanting to let the oldies act normal and live life to the full, but yet feeling that you have to curb their 'enthusiasm' somewhat.

If you do go along the route of accupunture just be prepared that he might feel 'much' better therefore over-exuberance may occur it did with my old girl.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Keep feeling better sweetie...sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending good thoughts that Jack continues to improve and that the acupuncture will help his hind end relax a little and not be so stiff :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest poopsie1

Just now reading this and hoping Jack is continuing to improve. Hopefully, the acupuncture will work wonders - I have no info myself but have heard many good things about it. Sending many prayers your way.