New From Belgium

Guest 3_GREYHOUNDS

Guest 3_GREYHOUNDS

Hello everybody,

When I saw how many Grey-maniacs there are here, I was determined to join you all, I think I will feel right at home here.

My name is Chris (Christiane, female) 50-something and together with my 3 Greyt Ladies and 3 cats I live in Antwerp/Belgium.

The Ladies were bred in Ireland and trained there, but were found not fast enough for the Irish racetracks and given a one-way-ticket to Meridiana, a racetrack in Barcelona/Spain, fortunately closed since 2006.

My sweet Ladies are :

diva_1.jpg

Rumes3.jpg

Diva (Villiers Lass), born December 1999 and arrived in my arms on June 25th, 2005. Did I know then she would fit her name so well??? A very sweet, quiet girl she was, and I am sure she was very much heartbroken from ill treatment and neglect. It took her a very long time to come around and open her heart to me, but now she is my absolute soulmate, she can read my mind and understands me just by looking at me…..

Schorre_Scarlett4.jpg

scar_1.jpg

Scarlett (Madison Rose), arrived in April 2006, born September 2000 she was still running as the wind when the Meridiana track closed in February 2006. At that moment there were approx. 600 greyhounds in the kennels there, most of them suddenly useless to their owners. What else could I do than quickly adopt one of these gentle, kind creatures! Scarlett is very “petite” and that really made her a winner! She is a very happy girl but from time to time her “demons” still act up and make her very unsure of herself. She was the best gift Diva could receive, these two became partners in crime and really really good friends.

Aug2307009.jpg

DEC088.jpg

Sinead (Citizen Cheryl) came a bit as a surprise. Born September 2001 she came to Belgium around the same time as my Scarlett and was adopted here. In the spring of 2007 the adoption organisation (Greyhounds in Need, Belgium) put her on the website for adoption for a second time, she had been returned after a year, due to “divorce”…..(strange the number of divorces when spring- and summer holidays approach….) Sinead is really something…. Happy, lively, playfull, loving, asking for cuddles constantly…. She steals everything she can find and burries these treasures in her “den” but never destroys anything. I still cannot understand how anyone could have the heart to get rid of such a precious gem. I must mention that she was in bad condition when she came, she had a thick brown coat as if she had been outside quite some time. But a lot of TLC soon made her a gleaming black jewel. This was in June 2007.

Sofar this first introduction.

Hi there :wave Welcome from Kansas, USA. You'll love this site!!! Your babies are very beautiful :wub: and you all are lucky to have found each other. I'll look forward to many more pictures.

Pat

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Hi Chris and Welcome from Arizona (USA)! Thank you for the bio on your girls! I know the Barcelona track was well known for it's abuse and cruelty. Your girls are beautiful!

Welcome to you and your beautiful girls. Your Scarlett is the same age as my Frisby, but I'm sure he had an easier life racing in England. I'm so glad you managed to adopt them from Spain.

Welcome to GT from Pelham, NH. I loved the bio's on your girls, it makes my heart happy to hear the difference you have made in their lives, I also cannot imagine any greyhound discarded/abused/neglected, they are all gems in my eyes!

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Guest 3_GREYHOUNDS

Many thanks for the warm welcome, everybody.

I'm quite surprised to read that the reputation of the Barcelona track is known even in Arizona :clap

It was indeed an evil place.

When Scarlett arrived in april 2006 there was another Barcelona girl in the same transport (of about 55 dogs) who was feared to be blind from the ammonia in the urine of the dogs in the kennels stacked above her.... Fortunately she recovered. Only thinking about this and imagining my sweet girls in that situation still makes me sad and angry.

They have recovered so well..... I love them to bits but I am also so very proud of them :bow

Welcome from Waterloo...beautiful pups along with a wonderful introduction.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

you have three beautiful girls indeed. welcome from southern california.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

:welcome Hi and welcome from Southern California! Your girls are just stunning. :wub::wub::wub:

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound