Ember Aka Emblems Luck

Guest EmbersDad

Tom, we cannot say how sorry we are that Ember is now at the Bridge. I have been crying since I first saw it posted and have not been on much since then - Ember's passing was so much like our Angel Vinnie's that it knocked me on my keester. I was finally able to watch your most beautiful tribute to your sweet girl - and yes, I used a lot of kleenex, not to mention the kleenex I am using right now. Ember was such a special girl and she knew how loved she was. I was very glad that she chose a new friend to train for you, Althea will help you get through the days that are the hardest. We brought Vinnie's sister Gracie home (needless to say we had a helping paw in that) a few weeks after he went to the Bridge and she helped us so much. Thank you for sharing Ember with us all. And thanks to Althea for sharing the new pix, what a greyt sister. :grouphug

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EmilyAnne

Oh Tom, I have no words. I know you love Ember so much. You have a very healthy brave way of grieving that has really impressed me. Hard for me to explain what I mean, when my heart dog passed, I did not cope in a healthy way, and I think you are doing a wonderful job of getting through this. You can do this! :):bighug

Guest Ruby2sday

Tom ~ I just saw this and want you to know how sorry I am for your loss of beautiful Ember. We lost our Echo to osteo, and the pain of releasing her was almost unbearable. I felt it again as I read your post. Ember was an incredible girl, and as you said, her fight was not in vain. Thank you for sharing your journey over these last bittersweet months.

Yvonne

:f_pink:f_pink

Tom,

Just checking in after a long hiatus from GT. I just sat staring at the halo around her head in a different post and I didn't dare want to believe you lost that lovely lady to the dreadful disease. I triumphed with you and sadly, now mourn as well with you.

She was a lucky girl to have you by her side.

I lost Skye to osteo as well, and she was far too long in her disease for any hope of treatment. I know you did right by Ember at every turn.

Take good care and I am sorry for you loss.

Lori

I haven't been on GT lately, and I just saw this.

I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I had been following Ember'w journey closely, and really marveled at her strength and sweetness. I know you did the right thing by her, and my heart is breaking for you both.

Rest sweetly, Ember.

Glad it arrived safely, Tom. It's a fitting place for Ember.

[i've done some mosaics from Sarah Snavely's tiles & I love them (more waiting for me to do but I'm slow with the mosaics!)]

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest ArtysPeople
the ups driver just delivered her urn. it is more beautiful that the pictures lead on. the greyhound on top is stunning.

:nod I agree. It is much more beautiful than the original photos indicated. I hope it helps in the healing.

Guest ArtoftheGryhnd
here are a couple pics of her urn.

Oh... my...

That breaks my heart.

I try and make work that speaks to people -- especially people who understand these remarkable creatures that we get to live with everyday. I'm so honored that you chose one of my pieces for Ember.

I hope it helps you heal that Greyhound-sized hole in your heart...

Thank you for letting me be a part of her.

Guest EmbersDad
here are a couple pics of her urn.

Oh... my...

That breaks my heart.

I try and make work that speaks to people -- especially people who understand these remarkable creatures that we get to live with everyday. I'm so honored that you chose one of my pieces for Ember.

I hope it helps you heal that Greyhound-sized hole in your heart...

Thank you for letting me be a part of her.

you are most welcome. you have no idea how close that etching on the side is to my ember.

Guest HoustonGreys

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to send my deepest sympathies but I knew this would be hard to watch even though it was a wonderful tribute to your beautiful and brave girl. I am so sorry for your loss but am glad you know she is running pain free with 4 beautiful long legs once again.

Run free beautiful Ember! :f_pink:gh_run:f_pink

Guest FatCatSkinnyDog

Tom, I don't get into Remembrance much so I just saw this. I'm so sorry to hear about Ember. She was a beautiful brave girl and I know she's running, pain-free on all four beautiful legs. Her urn is lovely... the houndie on the top made me giggle a little... the grey mannerisms are so perfectly captured. :grouphug

• 1 month later...
Guest moonpuppy

Ember was in the kennel I worked in when I first started at Seabrook. She was a beautiful girl, I'm glad to know she had a long life with someone who loved her. I am so sorry for your loss. :f_white

Edited by moonpuppy