Edna The Rat

Guest Zoomom

Guest Zoomom

About a year and a half ago, a friend and I stopped at a local pet store. Being the kind of people we are, we saw the tank of hairless rats and immediately decided at least one of them was going home with us. There was only one female in the cage, so that was who we chose, and Edna became her name on the way home. Most people think rats are disgusting, and being mostly hairless except a fine white fuzz and red eyed on top of that, I wasn't hurt by people who said that about her, but Edna was still one of the most personable little characters anyone ever could have met. Social beyond compare she loved nothing more then to be out, playing, exploring, and meeting new people. She was up to the silliest things I put my animals through and invented her own games on top of that. She loved to "popcorn", bouncing around when she got so excited she couldn't even stay still, wrestle with the broom as I swept the floor, take rides on my feet as I walked, sit on my shoulder and brux (the rat form of purring) in my ear, and cuddle with her cagemates. She was special and there will never be another pet like her.

Edna2.jpg

Awww, I think she was adorable!

Rest in peace, sweetie.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest SusanP

I'm so sorry. Rats are one of my very favorite animals. So much personality packed into those little bodies! I'm go glad Edna had a loving home with you. :grouphug

Run free sweet and tiny little Angel. Go find my Darby and Java...they will help you settle in and show you where all the cheese and peanut butter sandwiches are...and popcorn too!

I am so sorry...:grouphug:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest KyGrey

I'm so sorry. I know someone who has several rats, including hairless, and they are just precious. I don't think I could ever have any here while I have these dogs. They would love it a little too much. :chow

Guest kaotic1

I am sorry. I had a couple of rats growing up. They can be very sweet. I would say run free but rats are more of the scurries... scurry free sweetie.

Guest greythopes

I'm so sorry. My son had a rat, and they are so much more smart and loving than people give them credit for. What a sweet girl, with her precious pink earsies.

I'm sorry.

Godspeed, precious girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so very sorry. Edna was such a dear little thing and I enjoyed all of the pictures of her that you have shared with us.

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

Rebecca, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

Rats have such a short life they have to live it to the fullest and it sounds like

Edna did.

Nancy

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

Oh, no.

I am sooooo sorry. I was just sitting here thinking that a couple of my boys are nearing two years old and I'll need to start watching them closer.

I'll be thinking of you and Edna tonight as I snuggle with my rat babies... :grouphug

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

I am so sorry. Two of the greatest pets I had growing up were Telly (a hairless rat) and Malooka (a hairy rat) Wonderful little creatures!

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest EMcElfresh

Edna was a sweet little thing and had such a boistrous and bossy personality it was hard not to love her - though I wish I'd spent more time with her, I feel lucky to have known her. I am so sorry Rebecca. Give Mary Tripod and Justin the Patient extra kisses for me.