Good Thoughts For Casey, Please?

Whew! :goodluck

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news! Please keep us updated. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Super news!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

So last night, in the middle of the night, we had the triple yelp again, as she tried to re-position herself on the bed. I'm glad I'm going ahead and getting the x-rays on Tues.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

She yelped again last night, repositioning herself in bed. And at least twice this a.m., within a 3-hour period. So we went back to Doc, so she could double-check. She still sees no lame-ness, so when she does the x-rays on Tue, she's going to be focusing more on the spine. Gave her another thorough going-over, from ears to tail. I tease her that my dogs like to stump her. :)

I just hate hearing her yelp, and knowing there's nothing I can do about it hurting. After we get the x-rays back, if they're inconclusive, I'll look into chiro or acupuncture, I guess. Thing is, Casey's afraid of strangers, and of most men, which just adds to the challenge of finding a practitioner for her.

Poor girlie. *sigh* I told Doc that I knew she couldn't do anything for Casey today, but that I had to bring her in just so I felt like I was doing something. She understood.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Poor girlie. *sigh* I told Doc that I knew she couldn't do anything for Casey today, but that I had to bring her in just so I felt like I was doing something. She understood.

I understand exactly what you mean by this............sending healing prayers for your sweetie :hope

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

I just have to say out loud that every time she yelps it tears at my heart. Tuesday can't come soon enough. What really bothers me is that she's a dog who NEVER makes any noise (other than barking at strangers). She's scraped up her legs and never even whimpered about it, so the yelping makes me that much more concerned, because she's not a drama queen. And yes, it happened again, about 5 minutes ago.

Whatever's going on with her is making her very "velcro." She normally just hangs on her doggy-bed in the livingroom corner, no matter where I am in the house. But she's wanting to be in the same room with me, which isn't normal for her.

Guest paulamariez

She doesn't get any sort of leg cramps at night, does she? Our Tiger used to get those sometimes in the middle of the night, but it was right after we got him. Also, did the vet check her shoulder? This past year, Domino pulled his shoulder and the only time he yelped was sometimes when he got up from laying down. And once in a while there was the tiniest hint of a limp. The vet thought too, there was nothing wrong with Dom, until she sort of took his front leg and moved it a bit to the side and he screamed. The vet gave Dom a shot of Metacam, I believe was what she said, and he was fine ever since. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in! I will keep your precious one in my prayers. Keeping all finger, toes and paws crossed for good results from the xrays. I think you are wise to have them done too. Never hurts to be safe!

Praying for nothing at all to show up on those x-rays.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a start to my morning!

After a totally peaceful night (a yelp around 630 last night, but that was all), this morning all seemed well. She was fine when the dogs went outside a couple hours ago to take care of business. Then she came inside and laid on her dogbed in the livingroom, not knowing I was going back to bed (I didn't sleep well last night). I called her back to the bedroom, and she yelped when getting up from her dog bed, then a quick yelp when jumping up onto my bed (first time for that), and when she got up again, 5 minutes ago, she was whimpering as she got up (she'd been lying mostly straight, just a little curled up, with her head resting on me). She jumped off the bed, and immediately started screaming in pain, holding her back left leg as high off the ground as she could get it. She ran down the hallway, still screaming, and is now settled on her dog bed in the living room.

Pippin, of course, was VERY interested in her screaming (a life-size squeaky toy? Cool!), so I grabbed him and put him outside. If I have to go anywhere today, I'll muzzle him.

I've emailed Doc, just to keep her up to date. Her weekend is Sun/Mon, so I dont expect to hear back from her. If we get through today without a trip to the e-vet, I'll drop her at Doc's tomorrow and let them keep her until her dental/x-ray on Tues. I have to go to the office tomorrow, and don't like the thought of leaving her home alone with just the dogs to watch her.

I gotta say - it really worries me that my totally stoic girl has been yelping so much in the past few days, and that scream tore my heart out. It wont' take much more of that to get us to the e-vet.

update: I fed her a cup of kibble for breakfast (purposely gave her less than normal, in case she wasn't hungry). She cleaned the bowl. So that's good, at least. She hasn't budged from her bed in the livingroom since she got in there 90 min ago. I think tonight we'll all sleep together on the livingroom floor, so she won't have to jump on or off my bed.

Edited by Pippin

:hope:hope:hope:hope ....it's nothing! Sending prayers and healing light to Casey girl and hugs for Mom. Please send an update when you can.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

:hope Lotsa prayers sent your way.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh dear. :sad1 I am so sorry, it must be very worrying. Keeping you and Casey in my thoughts. I really hope you can get some answers soon.

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

And another update -- she's finally lying on her right side, so I can get to her left back leg. So I knelt beside her, and was rubbing the thigh muscle a little. She was ok with that. Then I went a little higher, and as I rubbed over her hip joint, she yelped and swung her head around to look at me as if to ask what I was doing. No snap, but a definite NOT HAPPY.

So I'm finally able to recreate the yelp. That's encouraging, but also disturbing. It was definitely as I had my hand on her hip joint. *sigh*

:( :( :( :( :(

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Well, she's still on her bed, where she's been since 9am. She was just in a sphinx position - hard to think she could do that with hip problems. No yelps since the one at 1130, but no attempts to get up, either (as far as I know).

At some point, she'll need to get up, to go outside. I think both of us are dreading that moment...