Good Thoughts For Casey, Please?

There's nothing to worry about, I'm sure. But I'm a firm believer in peace of mind visits with my vet, and we'll be having one tomorrow. Every now and again, she'll yelp when she's getting up from laying down, or when she's laying down.

It happened once in Oct, when she was staying with Dee. We figured it was a one-off. But I've heard it here at the house, once in the last month or so, and I've heard her yelp three times since about 7pm last night.

Once was when she was getting up from her dog-bed last evening. After checking her over and finding nothing, I gave her a burpdog biscuit - she turned it down. (I didn't know that was possible) Once in the middle of the night - she'd been sleeping curled up next to me. Got up, rearranged herself, went to lay back down, and yelped. Wound up repositioning herself differently. And this morning, when she got up, she yelped longer than she ever did before. Not a GSOD, but not a happy sound.

She's not limping at all, and hasn't yelped since that time this morning. She had no problem taking care of her business in the back yard. I gave her a canine aspirin - she ate it as if it were a treat, and ate her breakfast.

So I'm keeping an eye on her, and will get her to my vet tomorrow. If they're busy, I'll just drop her off, and let them fit the x-rays in. I'm confident it's nothing but soft-tissue - stiff muscle, whatever. But it never hurts to get it checked out, and 3 yelps in a 12 hour period needs to be checked out just for my peace of mind, if nothing else.

UPDATE: We'll be seeing a local ortho vet, who's very grey-savvy on Thurs morning. Then back to my vet that afternoon, to talk about what the ortho vet thinks.

Edited by Pippin

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peace of mind vet visits are worth every moment and every penny they take. May the news about Casey be nothing but good.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Sending prayers for most beautiful girl (of whom a new picture should be posted ASAP! ) .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest SoulsMom
Peace of mind vet visits are worth every moment and every penny they take. May the news about Casey be nothing but good.

--Lucy

Ditto this. Sending good thoughts your way from Worcester . . . .

Sending my prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Thanks, everyone. I don't even know if my vet has any openings tomorrow (they always get ill on weekends and holidays, don't they?)

I left them a vm asking them to call me and let me know if they have any openings, and also saying that if need be I could just drop her off there and let them fit her in (might have to do that anyway, depending on when their openings are). They'll call me in the a.m., after they get the voicemail

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

You have my prayers for my Casey girl. You know, she might have a sore neck. Foxy had neck "issues" a couple of times. She would cry out getting up or down then be fine for while. Or, she could be getting a muscle cramp. Whatever it is I'm sure Doc will fix her up fine. Hugs to you both.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

:hope it's nothing.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Hoping it's nothing.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

You have my prayers for my Casey girl. You know, she might have a sore neck. Foxy had neck "issues" a couple of times. She would cry out getting up or down then be fine for while. Or, she could be getting a muscle cramp. Whatever it is I'm sure Doc will fix her up fine. Hugs to you both.

It seems to be hips, rather than neck, based on how she reacts to things. I'm thinking muscle-cramp/soft tissue.... she and Pip chase each other around the yard sometimes, so it would be easy to pull a muscle.

I did notice a slight limp earlier today, but she's been fine most of today. Oh, and turning down the burpdog was because she didn't like the flavor. She turned one down today, too, but eagerly accepted a different flavor.

Our appointment's at 220 today, but I'm going to drop her off this a.m., and let them examine and/or xray her at Doc's leisure, and use the 220 appt just for talking about her. I've not fed her today, because you never know if they'll need to knock her out for the xrays, so I figure I'll take some food with her, and they can feed her after they x-ray.

I'm 90% confident that she's fine, but it never hurts to make sure

OK... Doc gave her a very thorough exam, and sees nothing. Didn't do x-rays -- but that's ok. While I was there, we checked her teeth, and she needs a dental. We've scheduled that for next Tues, and will do the x-rays then, while she's out for the dental. (Doc's not a big fan of knocking dogs out if it's not necessary).

Meantime, we're going to put her on an aspirin regimen for 5 days, just in case there's any inflammation going on.

Doc's words are: "I dont' see anything to worry about." I like those words :)