Shotzie Has Osteo

Guest Greytdog00

Guest Greytdog00

Hey all,

I know this is a busy forum and we all have our share of pain and things we can't control but I just wanted to post about my Shotzie. She started limping around the 19th so I had DH bring her to the vet since I had to go to work. I figured she hurt herself in the kitchen doing her Bouncing Betty routine she does when it's time to eat so off to the vet they went. The vet at first thought it was a strained or torn muscle in her thigh so rimadyl and couch rest was ordered. I left to NY the next day for the GRR Christmas party and DH called to say Shotzie was doing better. Great.... I could relax for the 2 days I was gone. Fast forward to this past Sunday. Shotz was completely non weight bearing and was so uncomfortable I slept with her on the floor and she settled for awhile. DH and I took her to the vet on Mon afternoon and she had an x-ray done on her knee but the vet also took one of her hip since there was noticeable muscle atrophy and the x-rays showed a "moth eaten appearance on the left head of her femur and remolding of of her lateral side".

She's now on rimadyl and tramadol and the vet would like to see her in 3 weeks for another x-ray. DH and I both agree that we're going to manage her pain and spoil her like there's no tomorrow. Shotz has been with us since she was a little over 3 and she turned 11 this past Aug. We lost her littermate Scrappie to a nerve sheath tumor a few years ago. Shotzie is the last remaining grey in the original James Gang. She's our fun police, our smiler, our jokester and our stinky breathe baby.

Thanks for listening.

Joan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{{{{{{{{{{Joan and DH}}}}}}}}}}

I'm sorry. I hope you have many fine days with her yet.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm sorry. :grouphug Sending prayers that you have many wonderful moments with Shotzie and plenty of opportunities to spoil your beautiful girl.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

We do understand, only all too well.

Many prayers for your baby girl.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so sorry. Keeping you in my thoughts with so many others who are going through this terrible thing. :grouphug

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited