Streamer Got Hit By A Tree... :(

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest p51crazyhorse

Streamer came in after his morning zoomies bleeding from no less than 12 places on his legs, a big nasty abrasion on his side/belly, his hip and rib area. We have no idea what happened, I guess that he grazed a tree but it looks more like he got hit by a car with the amount of damage! The gate was closed and secured so I know that cant be the case. Has anyone else had a dog come in like this? he is very sore and has been sleeping on the couch all day (GASP!!!!!) I have bandadged his ankles and have guaze around his feet with baby socks. we just gave him some remadyl since he has yelped when I have touched his ribs twice.

DSCN0583.jpg

DSCN05792.jpg

DSCN0582.jpg

DSCN0584.jpg

Here are the pics from tonite, you can see even more scrapes on the inside of his other thigh....

DSCN0608.jpg

DSCN0610.jpg

Edited by p51crazyhorse

My God Holly, he must have really brushed hard against a tree. I've seen injuries like that on them from the dog park when they've grazed a tree. Poor guy, he's really going to be sore. May want to get some Tramadol on board as well. Feel better handsome!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Oh, poor Streamer! I have never seen anything like this, but if it's worse tomorrow, I would definitely have him seen! Was he with any other greyt dogs when this happened? Is there anything else in his zoomie turf that could have inflicted these injuries? (Think outside the box - this is a greyhound we're talking about! ;-) ) If this happened this morning, how is he doing this evening?

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Was he playing with the others and maybe got rolled? Or tripped and went head-over-heels? I'd watch his ribs and maybe take him for an xray if you think they may be broken - not that they can really do anything beyond pain meds and binding him up for broken ribs. Does his breathing sound OK - no raspyness or laboring to breath? Probably OK then.

Poor Streamer! Get well baby!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Poor baby- hope he is feeling better soon.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest p51crazyhorse

well he seems to just be lazier than usual, I have been wating for him to show interest in going outside, he has been on the couch for about 7 hours, his breathing is fine and deep, he just did a BIG sigh with a full extended ribcage and it didnt seem to bother him so I dont think anything is broken. I took a nap with him for a while and he was just sleeping, not restless or anything. He was out with the others and is a competitive runner, with 140 races I know why he was good, if anyone is in front of him he cant stand it. he was muzzled. My other two, Cabby has a previously broken leg and Fiona has a missing toe that bothers her so they dont really get into the running and threaten him. I am thinking he just hit a muddy spot, we have a lot of trees and our yard is about an acre.

:ohno :ohno Oh, poor Streamer!!! :( I hope he feels better in the morning...

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Oh poor baby. He looks so sore. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest p51crazyhorse
Darn tree, jumped right in front of him

Boy and I BET that when he got up he was saying to all the other dogs "YEA, see what I did!! whoooo!!! alright!!! I meant to do that!"

Guest HoustonGreys

Poor baby! We get a lot of toe injuries from pinecones and sticks from the trees even though we do our best to pick them up so his leg and foot injuries look familiar. We've had one or two side injuries but none have ever managed to get under their belly from the trees. I hope he feels better very soon. Gentle :grouphug

Guest p51crazyhorse

well he is back on the sofa with me now

he seems really comfy up here :)

Cabby is usually the one that hogs the sofa but today he is giving me this tortured look since Streamer has taken his spot... he thinks he should have his own thread in H&M he is so deprived hahahah

looking at his wound on his stomach compared to the first picture posted it is a lot more puffy and bruised, the blood has of course dried and scabbed over. I still have his booty socks on his feet and vet wrap on his ankles so I will take that off in the morning and post some more pics.... this scares me pretty bad. what if he had been a foot over to one side... he could have broken his neck. he is walking fine and the stuff on his feet and legs are not bothering him atleast. I hate it when my babies get hurt :(

Guest p51crazyhorse

that is a possibility!!! we have a concrete drive... hmmmmmm you guys might be onto something!

I have been trying to figure out how in the world the tree managed to do so much damage to the left sides of BOTH legs. That makes a lot more sence

he also has abrasions inbetween his toes on the top of the foot, on three feet to be exact. That still doesnt explain those. I have seen worse between his toes, he ripped a big hole once that took forever to heal. he is a real clutz he came to us with a lot of scars and a big wound on his neck that no one could explain.

Guest RocketDog

yeowch! Mine have done full cartwheels at high speeds and ended up with scrapies like that - some rest, a quick wipedown with some antiseptic stuff (I use diluted tea tree oil, since neither of mine care for the flavor and usually won't lick) and maybe a baby aspirin or two and he'll probably be okay.

Next time, don't aim for the trees, eh? ;)

Ouch! Thinking about how hard he must have hit the pavement gives me the heebeejeebees! Poor baby! That deserves more ice cream! Kisses on the booboos!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead