Monty Chemo Two: Number Three This Friday

Guest greytmonty

Guest greytmonty

oy vey spoke too soon, monty throwing up and uncomfortable. I gave him a metaclopramide and am boiling some chicken to give with rice for dinner later.

Edited by greytmonty

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending more prayers for a settled tummy and better day. :heart:hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest HersheysMom
oy vey spoke too soon, monty throwing up and uncomfortable. I gave him a metaclopramide and am boiling some chicken to give with rice for dinner later.

If this persists consider asking the oncologist about using Vinblastine instead of Vincristine the next time it comes up in the protocol. The two can be interchanged (at least in the MW protocol which we were on) and Vinblastine is a lot gentler on the tummy, but not all places carry it and Vincristine is more widely used. Vincristine can be a very tough one on some dogs.

Guest greytmonty

I "spoke" with his onco vet via email yesterday. She said I can double up on the reglan. Another GT'er suggested Zofran but it is very very expensive. I am going to ask my pharmacy Monday. He kept a small dinner down so that is good.

So glad he kept something down! Is he still acting like he wants to eat? Maybe smaller meals more frequently? Monty, we're all pulling for you. Sending many hugs of encouragement!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I "spoke" with his onco vet via email yesterday. She said I can double up on the reglan. Another GT'er suggested Zofran but it is very very expensive. I am going to ask my pharmacy Monday. He kept a small dinner down so that is good.

They gave us a prescription for the Zofran for Angel LaceyLaine...it was over $700.00 at CVS pharmacy...I'm like you are kidding me...give me the script back and I will drive the distance to Costco. I just went to CVS as it was closer. We get Fred's Zofran at Costco for his chemo weeks...just for the record...it is only $30 something for the generic Zofran at Costco...I am sure it is probably the same at Sams and if you aren't a member...you don't have to be to use the pharmacy. The Zofran really helps... Sending more prayers...Angel LaceyLaine is watching over. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

They gave us a prescription for the Zofran for Angel LaceyLaine...it was over $700.00 at CVS pharmacy...I'm like you are kidding me...give me the script back and I will drive the distance to Costco. I just went to CVS as it was closer. We get Fred's Zofran at Costco for his chemo weeks...just for the record...it is only $30 something for the generic Zofran at Costco...I am sure it is probably the same at Sams and if you aren't a member...you don't have to be to use the pharmacy. The Zofran really helps... Sending more prayers...Angel LaceyLaine is watching over. :grouphug

Karen, this is who I was talking about in my PM! Thanks for the info, Patricia! I knew someone had mentioned cheap zofran a while ago, but I couldn't remember who it was.

Maryann, Bama (TW Beltram), Stephanie (Tom's Stepinhi) & Henderson the Cardigan Welsh Corgi

Guest greytmonty

Karen, this is who I was talking about in my PM! Thanks for the info, Patricia! I knew someone had mentioned cheap zofran a while ago, but I couldn't remember who it was.

Monty is throwing up yellow bile so I am definitely going to have the onco vet send me a zofran scrip for BJ's

Someone recommended Hill's A/D in another thread for RobinM's Beau. I wonder if Monty would be willing to eat that. Sounds like he needs something in his tummy.

You have to get A/D from a vet but it's supposed to be nutritious and digestable.

Poor Monty - feel better sweetie.

Guest greytmonty
Someone recommended Hill's A/D in another thread for RobinM's Beau. I wonder if Monty would be willing to eat that. Sounds like he needs something in his tummy.

You have to get A/D from a vet but it's supposed to be nutritious and digestable.

Poor Monty - feel better sweetie.

because of Monty's allergies he was on vet food for two years. We just got him onto a good Wellness food and I am going to try to keep him on it. I am doing a combo of wellness and chicken and rice and will see how that goes.

Don't buy a whole lot of ondansetron -- just get a couple and see if it works for him. Haven't used it in dogs. For people, for some it works really well, and for some it doesn't.

Hugs and scritchies and lots of prayers for your sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greytmonty

It turns out my tiny local pharmacy is THE CHEAPEST! I called Walmart as BJ's no longer does prescriptions. Walmart wanted almost $5 per 8 mg pill, where my pharmacist got it down to $3.50 per 8 mg pill, and he will only take it on those days he has the roughest chemo ( onco vet thinks Adriamycin and Vincristine will be hardest so that is 2 out of the 4 weeks per month and only for a day or two).

I am so glad she is working with us regarding cost and treatment plan. She is very very understanding.

Woo hoo!!!!!

Monty didn't throw up today!

WOO HOO!!!!!

It turns out my tiny local pharmacy is THE CHEAPEST! I called Walmart as BJ's no longer does prescriptions. Walmart wanted almost $5 per 8 mg pill, where my pharmacist got it down to $3.50 per 8 mg pill, and he will only take it on those days he has the roughest chemo ( onco vet thinks Adriamycin and Vincristine will be hardest so that is 2 out of the 4 weeks per month and only for a day or two).

I am so glad she is working with us regarding cost and treatment plan. She is very very understanding.

Woo hoo!!!!!

Monty didn't throw up today!

WOO HOO!!!!!

I'm so glad to read that Monty didn't throw up today :yay. I'm sending a ton of cancer-fighting, tummy soothing thoughts your sweet boy's way.

Don't buy a whole lot of ondansetron -- just get a couple and see if it works for him. Haven't used it in dogs. For people, for some it works really well, and for some it doesn't.

Hugs and scritchies and lots of prayers for your sweet boy.

For sure...however it worked really well for Angel LaceyLaine and Fred could not make it through his chemo weeks without it. Good news...no sick tummy today. Hug Monty for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Just now getting back from our Christmas trip and catching up on everything...

I'm so glad that Monty is doing better now. :yay Sounds like the Zofran is going to work out and be a great option. Bonnie goes in for her weekly vincristine tomorrow. She tolerates it pretty well.

Cytoxan wasn't too terribly bad either. We had to give Bonnie access to the backyard so she could go to the bathroom several times a day. We had our neighbor come during the day while we were working and let her out. She's since learned to use the dog door, so that problem is solved. :rolleyes:

We're thinking about you guys. Keep fighting, Monty!!! :banana