Beau Update.

RobinM

DHs after work update! Beau ate 2 cups of kibble. YAY. No pukey when DH came home from work. double yay. So that is 2 3/4 cups of kibble w/chicky rice mix. I will get more in him later (late dinner for him).

Can you say relieved? Beau Beau is my little boy and I get CRAZY when he is not right.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

That's wonderful news, Robin!! :yay :yay :yay Yay for Beau. This sounds like a definite sign that he is improving and feeling better.

Keep eating sweetie, we're thinking of you! :kiss2 :kiss2 :kiss2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Another cup at dinnertime.

so far he has had 3 3/4 cups. That's more than he usuallly got but this garbage (I-D, Sorry, I don;t like the ingredients) he needs more of it and he has lost weight so we are trying to put weight on him while keeping it bland.

Tonight instead of boiled chicken, he had grilled chicken. he approves.

Chloe and Teddy are hanging around together almost whispering "what is it about those white dogs with the spots on them, they get all the good stuff". Poor puppies!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

so far he has had 3 3/4 cups. That's more than he usuallly got but this garbage (I-D, Sorry, I don;t like the ingredients) he needs more of it and he has lost weight so we are trying to put weight on him while keeping it bland.

Chloe and Teddy are hanging around together almost whispering "what is it about those white dogs with the spots on them, they get all the good stuff". Poor puppies!

I am sure their mum will find a way to spoil them later! :P

I know what you mean about the ID food. I feel the same about the Purina Pro Plan I've had to put Merlin on. But hey - he has firm poops now, and after the last two weeks I will do whatever works! One day at a time. Beau seems to be coming out the other side of his stomach woes... hooray!

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I am sure their mum will find a way to spoil them later! :P

I know what you mean about the ID food. I feel the same about the Purina Pro Plan

It's pro plan that I had him one!!!! I like it, they liked it and I'm still not 100% sure it;s the food. When everything is settled and he's eating normally ( and I use those words loosely) I will add in PP and see if it's the food. One gurgly tummy and we are off it for good.

He's been on pro plan for over 2 years BUT I did switch recently (3 months or so) to sensitive stomach.

So you're thinking it might have been the PPP Sensitive Skin and Stomach formula? Did he have good poops on it at first?

Beau has never had good poops. Always start out OK but end up runny. Pudding like. Sorry to be so descriptive. So, he was on PP chicky and rice for 2 + years and I decided to try the PP sensitive. that's when things when south. It could be coinincidence, I just don't know.

That's right, now I remember you mentioning that Beau's poops were never firm. As far as being descriptive about dog poop... one can never be too detailed as far as I'm concerned! :lol: I am usually the one who starts all the "healthy dog poop" conversations at playgroup! :P

Guest SoulsMom

I have to agree with both of you. I hate the contents of the I/D, but Soul's poops are firm, no gurgly tummy, and NO BLOOD. So I guess I'll have to 'get over it' :rolleyes: I started trying to get him back on his grain free diet for the Lupus, but the poops got sloppy again when I got him up to half I/D and half his regular kibble.

Don't worry, when Soul was so sick I called it 'pudding poo'

So glad to hear Beau is doing better!

Terrific news that Beau is eating again. Sounds like his stomach is finally on the mend. :yay :yay :yay

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Good morning to all and what a fine morning it is... Beau had 2 cups of kibble lightly mixed with rice and chicky, as long as he holds that down... life is good!

Off to work, late for a change! ;)

Guest EmbersDad
Good morning to all and what a fine morning it is... Beau had 2 cups of kibble lightly mixed with rice and chicky, as long as he holds that down... life is good!

Off to work, late for a change! ;)

i claim this to be another festivus miracle! good boy beau, robin, you must be soo relieved. merry christmas to you all.

TWO cups?? That's awesome news!! Now keep that chow down, Beau... good boy!! Your mum must be so relieved! :D

:banana :banana :banana

I'm home already- Have I mentioned what a lunatic Beau is?????

I loooooooooooooove that he is baaaaaack.

Crazy boy!

Oh my goodness I missed all this. I'm so sorry Robin that Beau has been going through all this and you too. It always seems like things all gets piled on. I'm so glad things are starting to improve for your boy. As for the ingredient list - hey whatever works at this point!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Beau is back!!! Wonderful words to see. :) I am so glad that things are working out so well for handsome Beau.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy