Miss Renie - Wish Us Luck

Thank you SO much, everyone, for waiting along with me and thinking of us today.

The good news is, NO sign of bone cancer! :yay And no arthritis, either. :)

The bad news is that she has disc compression, Nos. 3 & 4c. She's limping and losing muscle on her shoulder because of the pressure on the nerves, and possibly a soft tissue injury due to walking funny.. :(

She's had a steroid shot today, and will continue on pred for a week, and we'll re-evaluate. Hopefully it will settle down. We've been walking her on a harness since she had a bout of neck pain last year, so that will continue. Her dishes are all raised, and she doesn't do stairs. She's on restricted exercise ...

If anyone has any other ideas, please feel free to offer them!

Acupuncture is an option, but will have to wait till the new year now, because of time/distance/availability - and because OH hurt his back lifting her out of the car today. :(

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Thank God...Kiss Renie for me. Angel Sophia had disc problems in her neck and it was not easy. Sending more prayers that the steroids do the trick. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Whew! Hooray for the no-cancer! Sorry, no ideas on the disc compression.....

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

I'm very relieved to hear your "no cancer" news! :yay Hoping the Pred and more rest settles down the pain. :hope:getwell

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Yay for no cancer or arthritis!

Boo for disc compressions!

Acupuncture helped Cody a LOT!! I also had her on pred for her last year & a half... some have said that probably is what killed her BUT she lived a year & a half after the back injury with mostly no problems and died at 12!! So I continued to give her the pred!! (Others have told me they've done the same!)

Hopefully it'll make a difference and she'll be right as rain soon!! (Or right as Renie??)

Scritches to her, the pirate & OH!! (Sorry he hurt his back - that's NEVER fun!)

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

I'm glad to hear the no cancer news. I second acupuncture--it can really help. Sending healing thoughts.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Thanks - to all of you! :wub:

She is feeling very sorry for herself. Drinking but not eating, and she hasn't been out to pee, though the nurse said she'd peed and pooped after she woke. Hopefully, after a night's rest she'll feel better. :goodluck

DH has an appointment with the chiro tomorrow. He was saying, no, no, I'll be fine, I don't need that ... ' but I made the appointment anyway. Now, he's so stiff and sore he can't WAIT to get down there and get unkinked. Men, huh? :rolleyes::lol

Jack is sulking because he didn't get his evening walk. DH is sulking because he'd planned to go Christmas food shopping at midnight (when it's quieter) and I won't let him. But I'm just happy that Renie doesn't have the Big C. ;)

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

What a wonderful early Christmas gift! Thank goodness Renie is free of the big "C"! However, many healing thoughts going to DH - sure hope he's feeling much better very soon! And Jack, big guy, all will be back to normal soon! Don't pout!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead