New To Va Beach & Gt Forum

rebeccamcl

:wave

Hi everybody!

I only learned about this forum when I was getting ready to move to Virginia Beach (maybe because I didn't have a home computer?).

My retired racer, Davis, found his forever home on 9/15/2007. He had broken his leg racing at Dairyland Track in Kenosha, Wisconsin. He spent 2 months in foster care, before I got to fall in love with him (love at first site, of course!). I adopted him through Greyhound Pets of America - Wisconsin, because for the last 7 years I have lived in Madison, Wisconsin. We just moved to VA about a week ago.

I have been unemployed for several months, and my sister who lives in VA Beach has a spare bedroom. Even though she has never had a dog in her house, she graciously invited both of us to move in with her and her husband until I can find work and get myself established down here. :clap Hurray for sisters! They have a second comuter, in my bedroom, that has internet access, and Have I been enjoying searching all the greyhound websites!

About my main man: he is a black, 4-year-old male who often gets mistaken for an elderly gentleman, as his muzzle has gone grey early. His broked leg has healed well, and he loves to play chase with other dogs at the dog parks. He is so fun to watch. He acts goofy sometimes ( so then I call him Goofus), and sometimes he will just leap up and race in a circle or figure-8 just for the sheer joy of running.Fortunately, I have found a couple that are not far from where my sister lives, and we have been going almost daily since I fould them.

Needless to say, he brings a lot of joy to my life.

As for me, the less important party, I enjoy the outdoors. I used to do some canoeing, but not lately. I like taking walks and day hikes in state parks and forests. I also enjoy reading and working puzzles. I attempt crossowrd uzzles, and am OK at cryptoquips and sudoku, and like to try other word games on occasion.

Hope this isn't TMI.....

Rebecca and Manny

Welcome to GT and VaBch. I think it is cold but to you and Davis it must feel warm. Hope to meet you soon. My email address is listed in my profile. What street is your sister on?

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

Welcome from Iowa! We want to see pictures of Davis!

My girl raced a couple of times at Dairyland, though mostly at Dubuque.

:(

Unfortunately, the CD-rom on the computer I'm using has been disabled...may be a while before I can pictures of my guy. :ohno

Rebecca and Manny

Hmmm guess you will just have to bring him over so I can take pictures for you and get them posted.

Sounds good to me! DAvis would love to hang out with another grethound!

:wave Hello again Davis and mom!! And we're glad to see you in the BDR club!!!! Welcome, welcome, welcome.

Thank you , thank You! We're looking forward to making freinds online!

Rebecca and Manny

WELCOME to you and Davis from Southern California.

So glad you found us and good luck in situating yourself and fur kid.

It must be quite a change for you.

Looking forward to stories and info about Davis.

May the New Year bring lots of good things your way.

Hi Rebecca & Davis! Welcome from Maryland!

I'll be in Va Beach in Feb for meetings - I MAY just need a grey fix while I'm there!!

I have a friend down there - she has a mutt & a sheltie & is a dog person!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Welcome from Maryland! I also have a black grey whose muzzle turned grey earlier. I just figured that I loved the color off! Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest Javagirl

Hello! Welcome from Arlington! We're new here in VA too but there are lots of greyhounds to play with we've found.

Let us know if you are ever around DC with your main man.

Kristyn and Laddie

Guest BackUptheTruck

Welcome to GT and Virginia Beach, Rebecca and Davis! The weather's crappy today, but dogs are allowed to walk on the beach all day in the off-season. Maybe we'll catch you on the Boardwalk one of these days! We'll be the ones with white faces too... :)

:welcome Hi and welcome from cold So Cal!!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound