Finally, Misty's Results

Finally, just got a call from my vet. Misty's cortisol levels are still high, so, as expected, the Cushings is still not under control. So the plan now is she will take 2 doses of the Lysodren, one on Monday and one on Thursday. He feels that would be safer than increasing the dose once a week. As for her eating, the Lysodren will surpress the appetite and he believes that nothing will help that more than the Nutritional Yeast. We continue with this for 4 weeks, than re-due the ACTH Stim test and check the levels again. For all your support, Misty and I thank you all. Believe me, if it were not for all of you, I would be in a nut house.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man. More of the medication that makes her not want to eat? :( How do you feel about that, Claudia? I suppose you can try it and see how it goes. If things aren't going well, you can always stop and create a new plan. Hugs to you and Misty! :grouphug

Keeping Misty close in our hearts and thoughts (how can you not with that beautiful face?!!) - hoping her appetite picks up for you and she stops giving you raspberries!

Oh man. More of the medication that makes her not want to eat? :( How do you feel about that, Claudia? I suppose you can try it and see how it goes. If things aren't going well, you can always stop and create a new plan. Hugs to you and Misty! :grouphug

I know Kristin, it sucks. But, there is no other plan. The only other thing we could do is not treat the Cushings and I don't think that would be fair to Misty.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

Guest HoustonGreys

I was so hoping for better results. :( I'm sure you're even more concerned with her eating now that she'll be getting more medication.

What a catch 22! I'll continue praying for both of you. I wish we could think of SOMETHING that would just be irresistable to her. :grouphug to all!

Nuts!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

We were all hoping for different results, but as you said, it could have been better, it could have been worse which means the glass IS half full.

Prayers that your sweet girl gets a ravenous appetite and continues eating for you.

Just so you know, you never have to worry. You will never be alone in the nuthouse. That is a promise I know I can keep!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Well, drat.

Does she like noodles in tomato sauce at all?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Well, drat.

Have never tried that, I have always tried to keep her on the kidney diet. I just have to add this...I wish I knew even just 1/2 of what you know. I'm not joking

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

I know Kristin, it sucks. But, there is no other plan. The only other thing we could do is not treat the Cushings and I don't think that would be fair to Misty.

You're right...it's certainly not fair to call it quits. :( We'll be thinking about you guys. If need be, we'll just supply Misty with a never-ending box of treats!!! :lol And, we can all be in the nuthouse together! :blush

Well, drat.

Have never tried that, I have always tried to keep her on the kidney diet. I just have to add this...I wish I knew even just 1/2 of what you know. I'm not joking

I don't know any more than the next person -- just different experiences. Long boring story about Batman and the spaghettios, but I have noticed that all my pups love things in tomato sauce. As long as no extra protein and not too salty, should fit with her diet OK??? I can imagine your frustration in trying to find things she WILL eat that won't make her sicker :( .

Sending scritchies and hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh, shucks! Not great, not horrible. Still praying for the beautiful Misty and barring the door to the nut house! Get in line, Claudia! There are many more people ahead of you waiting to get into the nuthouse! Still praying, chanting, sending good thoughts, healing light, hugs and kisses!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest ChancesMom

Well, not the best news but at least it has not worsened. I wish I could think of something that might make her want to eat but I can't. All I can do from here is continue praying that she will eat and that the next test will show you more positive results. You know I'm here if you ever need to talk.

From her fur ebber lub 6b0a87fc.gif and a big :bighug from me.