Tell Me Not To Panic- Please .. And Mean It.

RobinM

Diamond's leg quivered like that when she fell a few months ago. My vet said it was just a little muscle strain. Traumel massages and a heating pad (one of the microwavable ones) fixed her right up.

I totally understand the microscope - I'm that way with my hounds, too.

Hope Miss Polli is feeling better soon. :grouphug

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest Hollys2hounds

No real advice here, just hugs and more hugs from all of us here in NJ!

It does sound muscle related, and it sure makes sense. I get the microscope analogy!!! But do keep in mind we all have "off" days. I know my guys can seem off, and then the next day or two --- they are fine.

Kiss Miss Polli for us!!

:grouphug

Guest Greensleeves

I'm another who's convinced it's just pain from her new stride.

I know from personal (human) experience that having any kind of gait change will absolutely make the good leg hurt in all kinds of weird ways (I was on crutches in college for an entire semester). And right now, my MIL is suffering from a chronic ankle injury (whose name I cannot remember; something to do with swelling of the tendons between the ankle bones). She wears a brace or an air cast, and if she spends too much time walking in a day, she'll have lots of pain in her good leg. In fact, one weekend she overdid it so much she had to visit the ER to check out swelling in her good knee!

And, for a canine example: this is exactly how Nelly sprained her good knee at the hospital: they'd taken her off her arthritis meds, and she could bear no weight at all on her bad leg. Two days of that, and the "good" knee just gave out.

So. You convinced yet?

I was wondering if you know T-Touch massage? It might not be a bad thing to take a class/read a book about. Massage your Polli and spend some time with her, and also help with her muscle aches and pains. Just a thought.

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest EmilyAnne

I am 99% sure that is a muscle ache/strain and you have nothing to worry about and i sincerely mean that. She'll probably need to rest the muscle strain.

About the cancer and acupuncture, I have heard of that too. Seizure dogs getting acupuncture have to stop acupuncture if they get cancer.

And I can relate to the microscope thing. After Henry's cluster I was worse than a mother of a newborn baby!

I would agree with the general consensus of muscle strain. Winnie's legs used to quiver like that occasionally too, especially when she'd been more active than usual. When she'd walk the beach at Dewey---and we couldn't keep her OFF that beach, even on 3 legs---the legs would quiver. We would give her a Piroxicam, which was the only thing she was on for pain, and she'd be fine.

Sweet Polli, of course it's all about Polli---she's a force to be reckoned with!

I'm thinking she's fine, but please let us know how she's doing. Her fan club wants to know!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

So. You convinced yet?

Kinda!

The amount of cookies she had last night, was not to be believed. You put them out, she eats them. Crunch crunch crunch. Then she really got into the bully stick for a while. All with very few teeth!!!

Today it is colder, wet and just raw. The kind of day, that we as their humans want to curl up in a ball with a good book and our houndies and stay in bed. I couldn't. I am at work.

But to try and judge how she is feeling on a day like today is hard. It's yucky out. She did seem to be moving better. I gave her a trameel rub last night and I will give her one when I get home.

Thank you for your continued prayers and good thoughts.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

What a wonderful update - especially the cookies!! Good girl Miss Polli. And I am sure giving her the rub helped to make both of you feel better. Glad to hear that you are both having a better day.

Sending more prayers for Miss Polli! Keep on with the cookies sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

More good thoughts for Polli today, Robin -- even if it is, as you said, a yucky day. Speck would like to formally challenge Miss Polli to a "cookie-off," when she is better. They'll both get cookies galore.

Polli baby, we're thinking of you and wishing you well.

:grouphug

I was wondering if you know T-Touch massage? It might not be a bad thing to take a class/read a book about. Massage your Polli and spend some time with her, and also help with her muscle aches and pains. Just a thought.

greysmom :D

:nod

I've heard a lot of good things about the Tellington Touch massage. There was a seminar in Chicago I wanted to go to, but never had the chance. There might be a seminar near you too.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--