Je T'aime, My Beloved Angel

Guest HighMaintenance

Guest HighMaintenance
I think I MAY have met you guys at an SPCA party. I also went to a few GReAT events (that's where I got Dilly). His name is so familiar so I am pretty sure I have!

I think I had the honor of meeting Je t'aime. :grouphug:f_red:f_red

Where? When? Possibly at the BGH picnic this summer? He was a black greyhound with a VERY long nose and overbite. :)

Yes, I used to volunteer for SPCA in the past and that is possible. We've also been to a few GReAT events in the past couple of years. Give Dilly a big hug and kiss for me and Je t'aime. Cherish every day with Dilly. Thank you for your kind words.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry for your loss. Je t'aime was a lucky hound to have such a loving home. Godspeed Je t'aime! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Your baby boy is in the best of company at the Bridge, and will live on forever in your heart. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest HighMaintenance

Has anyone ever done a memorial service for their greyhound? I want to scatter his ashes and I'd like to do some sort of short memorial service at the site where I will do it. I want to be surrounded by those that Je t'aime loved and that loved him back. Is this crazy?

Guest HighMaintenance

Thank you everyone again, a million times over. Hey, Piagets Mom, your picture of Piaget below your name - he has a pink Loofa Dog in her/his mouth? That was Je t'aime's favorite - Loofa Dogs. He had about 20 of them, in all sizes and colors. They were his favorite.

I am so sorry. He has now been met at The Bridge by some of the wonderful companions that have gone on. He will also have a constant supply of Burpdog Biscuits along with learning the ropes to show the ones coming over after him what life is like Over the Rainbow Bridge. Until you meet again.....

Guest HighMaintenance
Has anyone ever done a memorial service for their greyhound? I want to scatter his ashes and I'd like to do some sort of short memorial service at the site where I will do it. I want to be surrounded by those that Je t'aime loved and that loved him back. Is this crazy?

It's never too much to want to keep your love in your life. You let me know........ maybe in spring - in the park you would walk together in ?? Spring - a sign of awaking and anew...... a sign of adventure - he is not gone far - he's only on a different adventure. I keep Lambie and ReRun on our bedroom shelves - one day we'll all make a tree grow together somewhere. I even keep a toy of theirs near me. Lambie's Smile Fund - shares her smile with everyone and we see it in the lives she has saved. There's so much you can do. You call me when you are ready. http://www.petloss.com/ here there is a candlelight ceremony. http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/18105 Lambie loves gardens and flowers - I have greyhound statues in my garden for her. ReRun loved Christmas - so I keep a small tree that my Mom sent him one year. True love knows no bounderies - it continues without questions, without answers from it's start and without an end. I also have a clear heart locket on my chain that holds a bit of each of their fur.

Just look around and when you hear a noice you can't explain, see a shadow when you know nothing was there - look up at night and the first star you see will be the shine from his eyes as he looks down on you. Just think of him and he is at your side. Call to him and he will find the hole in your heart as a way to fill it with the love he will have for you forever.

And Cofax will always be here for you - and she'll share me with you now and then too.

Trust him - for one day - he may send someone else to you - keep your heart and mind open and ready.

Thank you very much, Tina. This is all so helpful. I will call you, maybe tonight. Everyone here has been so wonderful.

Guest HighMaintenance
My deepest condolences on the loss of your precious, beloved pup. :grouphug

Thank you - Atticus was going to be Je t'aime's name. I waited a couple days to name him and I knew, right away, he was a "Je t'aime". I do love the name Atticus though :)

Much too soon. I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest HighMaintenance

I feel like I'm so empty right now. It was all part of my routine every day. He brought me so much joy, there is such a hole now. I don't know what to do with myself.