Our Sweet Doonarie

Guest dofarrel

Guest dofarrel

When we first met our sweet Doonarie, it was love at first sight...at least for us. Doonarie was afraid of men you see, especially men with beards. Being a bearded man, the game was on. But that sweet little angel fell in love right back. Within an hour she was curled up on the floor with her head on my lap, and I knew that I was never going to be the same.

We took her home, where we had made up a place just as we were told. A nice cage all set so she would feel like there was a safe place. I walked her slowly around the house, and then brought her to the cage and took her off her leash. She looked at the cage, she then looked in turn at my wife, and me...and proceeded to walk to the living room and take up residence on the love-seat. And she never spent a single minute in a cage from that day on. And whenever I came home, there she'd be, lying on her love-seat with her ears pricked up. And she'd run to the door, tail spinning in a mad circle and welcome me home with a nuzzle.

We had 7 amazing years with our sweet little princess. She started to limp, and a few weeks ago we got the dreaded diagnosis...bone-cancer. She put up a good fight, but on Friday she had a bad day and she spent all Friday night and Saturday in pain. Her meds did nothing to comfort her, and on Saturday morning she gave us that pleading look asking us to let her go. And with much pain and sadness in our hearts, we said goodbye to the sweetest angel we could have been blessed with.

There have been many tears over the last few days, and many smiles as we look back at the pictures. Our sweetie girl curled up with our 3 cats on the bed has to be one of my favorites. I miss her terribly, and no words can ever do justice to the grace and beauty that will forever be our Doonarie.

I am so sorry, reading your posts about your girl it was so evident how much you loved her. Now, she runs with the angels, pain free. God speed pretty girl and watch over those who love you :gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest multigrey

f_yellow

Way too many lost to this hideous disease.

All of us at Grey Haven send our deepest sympathies......what a lucky girl she was to have had you in her life.

I am so sorry to read of your loss. It is obvious that she was loved and knew it. May you find peace.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Doonarie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

I am so sorry. Your sweet Doonarie is lighting up the night sky, twinkling with all the other stars we love and miss so much.

Run fast and free Baby!

I'm so sorry for your loss of your lovely Doonarie.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I am so sorry for your loss of Doonarie. Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.