Meet My Mummy

Guest GiJenn51

Guest GiJenn51

Taffy was in a fight, and the losing end of the stick. It's been over a week, and she is being labored over. She requires quite a bit of care. Most of it is doing skin perforations to relieve some air from under her skin-- also called subcutaneous emphysema. She is wrapped with ace bandages not to tight, but tight enough to hold the skin to the dermal layer so that it can re-attach and no more air can get in. She has air from her ears, to her back knees, and makes a horrid noise when she walks. She still is pretty bruised, and her lymph nodes are swollen. I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow morning for a chest/throat xray to make sure its just air and no fluid.

Her spirits are high and she is doing her best to get through this! She is starting to eat with gusto, and I will give her anything and everything she'll eat.

She can use some prayers, and good thoughts.

Photo_111608_002.jpg

Photo_111608_001.jpg

Edited by GiJenn51

Poor peanut! Hope it *is* all air and nothing worse.

Is she making that funky crackling sound when she moves? Man, that is one noise that really creeps a person out.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Poor sweetheart. Is she living in your closet Jenn?

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest GiJenn51

She had been. But she is living among the masses just fine. She has yelped just once, and that was when I was trying to get air out of her. She is anti closet, and crating. She wants to be one of the "kids".

Poor girl. I'm just NOW "getting" the title of this thread--'cause about five seconds ago my post was going to be "but whose mummy is she?"

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Mummy, as in wrapped up like a mummy, not Mummy as in mother! I'm getting slow in my old age--like a hound!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Poor peanut! Hope it *is* all air and nothing worse.

Is she making that funky crackling sound when she moves? Man, that is one noise that really creeps a person out.

Ohmygosh when Banker & Pegasus got into a knock down, drag out...Banker made that crackling/bubble wrap noise & I didn't know what it was. Dr. B told me & everything was okay after that.

Bless her heart...

Guest wmlcml6

Since Jenn is at the Jaguar/Titans game with Anne (a much needed fun break for her), and Chris is working the race card, Bill and I stopped by to let The Creek dogs out for a potty break and checked on Taffy. "Mummy" had apparently jumped over the baby gate that was meant to block her in the closet, but it looks like she was a good girl. We rewrapped her and let her play outside with the other dogs. She really is a very good girl, and has the most adorable little overbite and super soft thick fur. She has plenty of energy, has a good appetite, and Bill thinks she is going to be fine. It will take some time and attention to get her body back to normal, but at least until that happens, she is in good spirits.

Thank you for all your prayers for Taffy. Jenn is definitely a good samaritan with a very compassionate nature. Taffy is not our dog, but she was at our farm and was unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time when the girls got into a fight. FYI - as of today, we have a new very greyhound experienced person helping at the farm, and the one who was at the kennel at the time of the fight is no longer working for us. He was a hard worker and conscientious when he first started, but it has become clear that he no longer has the same work ethic.

Poor sweetie.

Hugs and prayer for a quick and full recovery.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest runner615

Awww, we had a 'Taffy' when I was little...she was a beautiful German Shorthaired Pointer, who was the best! On the field and in our home.

Jenn, you are so sweet to help out Taffy.....I just know she's going to come through with flying colors. Poor baby girl......minding her own business and before you know it, bad things happen. Well, I'm sending her some of our Jersey Vibes and some hugs for extra measure.