Mac Is Running Free Tonight...

Guest tobinhr

Guest tobinhr

With an utterly broken and grieving heart, I want you all to know Mac ran for the bridge tonight.

I came from work and he was at "ground zero" again--not walking, stressed and anxious. I called the vet (actually talked to two different vets) and they both agreed that the original diagnosis of FCE was wrong. The steriods probably slowed the tumor for a few days, but the rapid decline indicated some kind of spinal tumor. In the span of a few hours, Mac lost control of his bowels, his deep pain responses and his reflexes. It was time for him to run free.

My family all came and stayed with him until the end. We all whispered loving things in his life as he slipped away to FINALLY catch those bunnies.

I will have my heart dog privately cremated and then we'll take him to our farm in North Dakota and bury him. Eventually, we'll build our retirement home there... My first dog, Fritzie, is there and I'm sure Mac is filling his ears with stories even now. I have his collar. I will always will.

Run free, my heart. I love you!

Jan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG- I am so sorry. What a horrible tragedy.

I am so sorry.

Run Pain Free beautiful boy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am so sorry to read this. Take comfort in knowing that Mac is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Omg :ohno I am soooo sad to hear this devastating news. :cry1 Jan, I am so so very sorry. :( Things were looking very positive 24 hours ago. :grouphug :grouphug I can't even imagine how you and your family must feel. :(

Run free sweet boy. :gh_child

Jan, I feel so blessed to have gotten to meet Mac. I will treasure the memories from the weekend that Mac spent here with us.

001-9.jpg

Run free sweet baby boy. :bighug:cry1:bighug

Edited by Cully

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

Oh no, Jan. My heart sank when I saw this thread. I'm so sorry :f_red

robin, who already misses Mac :cry1

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Jan I am so sorry. So very, very sorry.................

Run with the angels, and for the bunnies Mac.

Holly, who will very much seeing Mac's closings

sadhugsmiley.gif

Edited by HarleighHdMom

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Oh Jan. My heart goes out to you.

Mac, I'll miss your oh-so-wise signature observations on the day's events.

Godspeed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest houndstooth4

Oh Jan, I am so very sorry! Mac was such a special guy and sweetheart. I loved seeing him in his manly leather collar at the reunion. We went through the same thing with Treat earlier this year and it is so, so hard. You're in our thoughts! :f_pink

:ohno

Jan, I'm so terribly sorry :cry1:grouphug

Mac will be missed a lot round here.

:f_white:gh_run2:f_white

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.