Bello Stoops

Guest brindlehounds

Guest brindlehounds

Stoops was helped to the bridge today. I cannot thank my vet enough for being so kind and considerate and coming to our home and giving him such a calm and peaceful passing.

I am in shock at how quick I lost this boy. Looking back, about 6-8 weeks ago I noticed a reluctance to climb the stairs at bedtime but didn't think much of it at the time. Almost 3 weeks ago we took photographs of all our dogs and he was still running around the field and giving the younger guys a run for their money. Then 2 weeks ago he started having trouble with a back leg and dragging his rear end. We saw our vet who ran bloodwork, x-rays, tests for TBDs and a very thorough exam. Nothing came up so he was referred to a neurologist. We went there this Wednesday and they kept him to do an MRI. The MRI confirmed our worst fears, he had a mass inside his spinal cord. After careful consideration we decided not to pursue radiation and/or chemo. Turns out we wouldn't have had time anyway. Yesterday he took a turn for the worse and was barely able to walk. Seeing the pain in his eyes this morning, despite all the pain meds he was on, we made the decision to let him go before he suffered anymore.

Stoops, you were truly one in a million. You were everyone's favorite dog. You held our whole pack together, you were so good-natured you were a friend to every hound. We miss you running to the door every night when your Dad gets home. The dogs all miss you, but especially your brother OU.

There's so much I want to say but can't find any more words right now thru the tears. Run free with the wind Stoops, until we meet again.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry, Angela.

Run free Stoops!

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

:( I'm so sorry - rest in peace Stoops :grouphug

:f_red:f_red:f_red

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm so sorry, Angela. My condolences to all your family and especially brother OU.

Godspeed, well-loved fellow.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry. Run fast and free sweetie...our Angels will show you the way. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry. :cry1 He was much too young.

Godspeed Stoops.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am very sorry for your loss of Stoops. Run free Stoops, run free sweet angel... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest brindlehounds

Thank-you all for the kind words, I just had no idea how hard this was going to hit us. My hsuband is taking it really badly as Stoops was his special boy.

I can't believe this picture was only taken 3 weeks ago and how fast they can be taken from us. This picture was supposed to be our Holiday card this year.

Stoops is the black dog with his tongue sticking out - he did exactly the same thing on last year's card! :wub:

groupshot.jpg