Penny Has Osteo

Guest exracersmom

Guest exracersmom

I am still numb...went to the vet today for annual and to check Penny's knee area that was swelled up (she slipped on the deck while shaking herself and did an almost complete split with her back legs). The vet did an xray of her leg and it showed some cloudiness in the bone that she said was osteo. Also there was a mass near her thyroid that they did aspirate. The vet was going to get this analyzed but when she saw the xray she decided not to. Penny is not a candidate for amputation as she is very unsteady on her legs due to arthritis. The vet has given her at most 2 months but she doubts that she will make it that long. She is almost 12 1/2 yo. We have decided at this point to make her as comfortable as possible with Rimadyl and Tramadol. This has not been a good year for us...first I was diagnosed with cancer again, then I lost Buddy in July to kidney failure and now our Miss Penny.

I am so sorry. Sending my heart and prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so so sorry. You and Penny are in my thoughts.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

OH NO. I have no words. Just so sorry to hear this.

Hugs to you both.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh, God, I'm so sorry you are dealing with all this sadness. Spoil your sweet girl, and make memories to treasure.

Please know that you and Penny are in our prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Your news is heartbreaking. :brokenheart Holding your sweet Penny in my prayers, surrounded by loving light. :heart May you have much more quality time with her and keep her comfortable. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh, this is so horrible. Prayers and hugs going out to you and Penny. :hope:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France