I Think Roo May Be Very Sick

Guest WarmheartedPups

Guest WarmheartedPups

I am worried sick about Roo. Two weeks ago she was diagnosed with a spine / disc problem....she was limping very badly. My Vet started her on Prednisone and the limp has gone away.

The last few days I thought she was looking very very skinny.....and finally yesterday I took her to Pet Smart to weigh her. In twelve days she has lost over 7 pounds.

I called the Vet first thing this a.m. and he said to bring her in and not to put it off till our appointment at the end of the week. The soonest I can get her in is tomorrow. I have to go to the Oncologist with my daughter this afternoon or I would have her there right NOW. She is eating tons and wanting to go for short walks.

The prednisone has been tapered to 5 mg in the a.m. and 5 in the p.m. So the dose is low.

There must be something terribly wrong with Roo and I am totally anxious about it.

I looked at her this a.m. and she is a petite pup anyway...and she looks like a skeleton.....suddenly.

Please think good thoughts for Roo tomorrow.....I have this gut feeling that it may be her time....and I just cant go there. She will be 10 in a few weeks.

Please say prayers....

Tuesday Evening.....after the VET VISIT

The Vet said Roo had an extreme reaction to the prednisone. She did loose 6 pounds in 12 days.!!!

So we are getting her off the pred and feeding her more.

I am so very relieved....MaMa ROO IS OK!!!!!! :banana:clap :clap :confetti :confetti

Edited by WarmheartedPups

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wmlcml6

Mama Roo! Please don't be sick. We love you. Thinking good strong thoughts for your girl. I know her boy Ruler will pray for her, too.

Try not to think the worst.

Do you usually weigh her at Petsmart? If not, the scale could be off from your vet's scale. I hope that's all it is and that she really hasn't lost that much weight. Pred can reduce muscle mass, so maybe she needs a little exercise if she's feeling better.

Please give her kisses for me,

DD

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

I hope it's just the different scale, and DaisyDoodle is right, pred does pretty rapidly diminish muscle. Sending many positive thoughts for your Roo!

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest BlackandBrindle

Sending lots of prayers for your sweet girl :grouphug

I agree about the scale. Even between vets my guys weights have varied considerably. :grouphug

Sending many prayers for sweet Roo. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

First, good thoughts that it's nothing. :hope I know you said the pred dose is low, but I remember Dr. Stack saying that greys will lose weight on a regular dog dosage. Since she's eating a lot but still losing, I hope that's all it is.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis