Hatter's Mystery Disease

Thanks everyone! Hatter is doing good and being a goof-ball today!

I've been keeping a close eye on him when he pees....poor guy gets no privacy. Today his urine looks normal to me....it's not brown!!

Hatter has been on Denosyl and Marin for about 10 days and if his urine color is any indication, then the supplements are helping.

I'll be taking Hatter to Dr. P on Sat. The results of the tests will help me decided if I need to take him to OSU for further evaluation.

I'll be switching to a new vet no matter what. I need one that'll work with me, and not get angry when I mention consults and second opinions.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Thanks everyone! Hatter is doing good and being a goof-ball today!

I've been keeping a close eye on him when he pees....poor guy gets no privacy. Today his urine looks normal to me....it's not brown!!

Hatter has been on Denosyl and Marin for about 10 days and if his urine color is any indication, then the supplements are helping.

I'll be taking Hatter to Dr. P on Sat. The results of the tests will help me decided if I need to take him to OSU for further evaluation.

I'll be switching to a new vet no matter what. I need one that'll work with me, and not get angry when I mention consults and second opinions.

:yay:yay Great update, thank you. I've been thinking about him. I'm so glad to hear you're switching vets!! I would hate to have to make a sudden trip there to have a chat with him :lol Too cold there for me

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

So happy to hear that Hatter is being a goof ball and that his pee is looking better! Yay!!

Really glad you are going to switch vets. You both deserve better treatment. :)

I agree wholeheartedly......

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

glad he's doing better!!! :yay :yay

please keep us updated! :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

You might want to contact OSU for a free consultation, or ask your vet to contact them.

http://www.vet.osu.edu/4366.htm

Phone: (614) 247-6757

yes, please contact OSU.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Lots of prayers coming from here. Please consider seeing another vet. I find it offensive for a vet to argue with you, but even more offensive if you're expressing your ideas and he has no ideas.

If you only knew what I went thru with this same vet, with Brooke. Big ego, little mind.

Knowing what little I do know about what you've just gone through with Brooke, I'd be looking for a new vet right away, and now I see you're doing that, so, yay!

Also glad to hear his urine is looking better.

Ace had a bizarre period of time where her urine was yucky like that (kind of looked like dark apple cider and had an awful odor)...she had blood and bacteria in her urine for about 6 months. She was on several different antibiotics, and then one day it just cleared up. I still have no idea what the cause was for that.

She had a few petit mal seizures about a year before we started having the urine problem, and had been placed on thyroid meds. Since the icky urine problem cleared up, she's had no further health problems :dunno

I hope you're able to find some answers, and yes, ABSOLUTELY trust your mom instincts and don't let ANY vet tell you that you don't know what you're talking about.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

You might want to contact OSU for a free consultation, or ask your vet to contact them.

http://www.vet.osu.edu/4366.htm

Phone: (614) 247-6757

yes, please contact OSU.

I think you should contact OSU as well. You can do it yourself, through email. You obviously have a lot of information as to what the course of this has been...they will get back to you promptly, and tell you anything else that might be helpful for them, such as other tests to ask for.

I contacted them myself after Buddy had elevated creatinine levels, and with their help we determined that his levels were not unusual. No need for rx food....my vet was ready to switch him to rx food. I asked for more specific tests, at OSU's recommendation, and that's how we determined his levels were pretty darn close to normal---for a greyhound.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.