P's Catwalk 2/14/2001-10/17/2008

Saffron

Catwalk has left us and we are grieving.

This wonderful dog bounced into our lives on May 17, 2003. She was the first grey we interviewed on that day that treated Boucca the geriatric JRT as a dog not a potential snack. Boucca approved Catwalk, so she came home with us. My first grey. She introduced us to many good friends in the greyhound community, and our love for her encouraged us to adopt two more wonderful greys who are comforting us now.

Catwalk had just been cleared for adoption after 4 months crate rest at GAS recovering from a pelvic fracture incurred in a training run. Imagine my horror when the first thing she did after arriving at her forever home was to take a flying leap onto the kitchen table. How to get her down without jarring her newly healed pelvis? Oh my. She was such a curious energetic 2 year old.

She was a sociable, outgoing and supremely intelligent grey. My houdini dog. She could open crates, doors and drawers, was an inveterate counter-surfer, could work the microwave (when it pings there is food in there), and thought it her duty to investigate visiting ladies' purses for contraband.

Her loving and outgoing personality and love of children made her a wonderful Therapy Dog. She will be missed by so many. I had forgotten how many lives she touched until the condolences came pouring in this week.

Catwalk lived to love and to share her love. She had too short a life. Visceral hemangiosarcoma is indeed the silent killer, so we are just happy that she did not have to suffer long.

Gillian and Chris

and Pilgrim and Murphy the greys

Gillian
Caesar (Black Caesarfire) and Olly (Oregon) the Galgo

Still missing: Nell (spaniel mix) 1982-1997, Boudicca (JRT) 1986- 2004, and the greys P's Catwalk 2001-2008, Murphy Peabody (we failed fostering) 1998-2010 and Pilgrim (Blazing Leia) 2003-2016,

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry for your loss. Godspeed Catwalk! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest vahoundlover

What a character! I hope the memories will help heal your aching heart. I am so sorry her time with you wasn't longer. :grouphug

Run Free Catwalk :f_pink

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 She was much too young.

Godspeed Catwalk.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Godspeed beautiful Angel Catwalk. Thank you for sharing your sweet baby with us. My sympathy and prayers. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

She sounds like such an amazing character.

Rest in peace, Catwalk.

:f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Awww she was super special, she had a Valentine's Day birthday just like me. I'm so sorry for your loss, but I know she filled your life with a lot of love & laughter.

I am so sorry. Run free pretty gril.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project