It's Back... (update Post #49)

I came home today and noticed that the lymph nodes in Penny's neck were enlarged and hard. She has lymphoma, diagnosed in April/May of this year. She's had six months of chemo- all but the last treatment. She's had a UTI that three antibiotics have not cured, so they were holding off on the last treatment.

So I took her to the vet- they were so nice to stay open late so I didn't have to bring her to the evet. The vet said the cancer is back. Not a good sign to have this happen only 4 weeks after her last treatment. The vet gave her a shot of Prednisone (sp?) and will call Penny's oncologist in the morning so we can figure out how to proceed from here.

I am devastated. She was in remission the whole time she had the chemo, so I thought she would live many months after the treatment ended. My goal now is just to have her be free of pain. While I wish I could have her forever, I know it's not realistic. She is such a GOOD dog. I thought that since she is only just turned five years old, that she would outlive Tornado who is almost nine.

Thanks for listening. Please pray that Penny remains pain free.

Edited by tornadosgirl
2wck1zc.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very sorry.

Hugs to you both.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Adding our thoughts and prayers for pain free days and a wish that the oncologist will be able to try something else to get rid of the junk so she can be with you. Sending hugs and scritches.

Oh no. :cry1 I'm so sorry. Bonnie has come out of remission too (more than once). Other medications are out there that could give Penny more time. I understand your goal now though. :grouphug Please let me know if I can help you with anything. We are all here for you.

Give Penny a hug and kiss from Bonnie. :kiss2 Hang in there. :goodluck

Sending prayers for many more pain-free days, and quality time with your precious girlie. :hope:candle:heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Sending my many prayers for Penny. When we went through all of this with Angel LaceyLaine~they then put her on rescue. Lymphoma is an emotional roller coaster. My heart is with you...Angel LaceyLaine watches over.

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so sorry. I pray for a med that works this time! Hugs and prayers to you and your darling girl. :hope:bighug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so sorry. There are so many here who have shared your emotional roller coaster. Sending prayers that this could be another "bump in the road".

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown